Daily Check-in | 13 Oct 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in | 13 Oct 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Update

The sky is getting darker and the temperature outside seems to have hit a plateau. I have a feeling that we are in for something very soon. So glad that I don't have to drive very far for my haircut this afternoon.

Dusting done, bills gathered to be paid, online checking of bank account, and grocery list made. Off to get dressed, do some inside walking and then have breakfast...Yep it is that cold and windy out that I will use the treadmill today.

Talk to you all later.

Whoo hoo seems like my problem has fixed itself!!!!
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Hi all,

Another mild temp day, but super cloudy.

Started the day off with 1 hour's worth of exercising between 5 and 6A. With my sister here, my routine has fallen by the wayside, my exercising especially. Will try to fit in another 1/2 hour at least today as I've been trying to keep to at least 1-1/2 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I was hoping that there would be less drama, but, oh well . . . can't imagine what I was thinking!

The one good thing is that she's gone from #38 on the studio apartment list to #24 in about 4 months. I'm hoping that it continues to drop quickly which means she should be in her own place in 4 to 6 months.

I've cleaned out my file rack on the top of my "desk" (which is actually my dining room table, scanning some documents and tossing out about an inch stack of paper. I need to update my WW chart with my food plan for the next two weeks also.

The rest of the day will be spontaneous.

Have a good day all.

P.S. Just went into Yahoo and it says SS announced a 5.9% COLA for 2022.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Still using another browser to post.

Slept okay. Kind of overcast today. We are under a flash flood warning - hasn't rained yet though. We shall see.

Not sure what will do today. Still not full of pep. Wah

One good thing - the beans I made yesterday were really good!

Hope all have a great day.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

A quiet day here. Dusting and vacuuming.
Mackie..I pray HB will be okay.
Logics...maybe you will get a "Christmas Miracle" and your sister will get a place SOON!
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde!

Whew! I am still trashed this morning. I hope some strong coffee will help wake me up. I went to the dentist yesterday to see why I had pain in my right back teeth. Well, I was correct, all this grinding teeth at night, I had cracked TWO fillings in teeth right next to each other. They fixed me up and sent me home. My jaw kind of hurts from having it open so long. I was just SO tired when I got home. I've never had the anesthesia wiped me out so much! I went to bed at 8:30 and just getting up at 10!!

Because Jackie and I live relatively close, we have the same weather front coming through here but the temperatures are warmer. We aren't up for snow or really cold rain, just rain for the next few days. It is really dark in here and well, I'll do what I can in the darkness! LOL

I have to unload the dishwasher today and load it back up. Also some vacuuming again. I have laundry folded and just need to put it away.

If I get around to it, I found a recipe for zucchini soup. It sounded good and is pureed. One of the interesting ingredients is cashews. I don't know if I'll get to it because I'm still trying to get over that anesthesia. I have never had it affect me this way before but then again, I never had enough of it to do two fillings at the same time either.

Well nothing else going on around here.

That's the skinny from here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

MJ, I clench my teeth instead of grinding them and had to get a night guard made because my whole face would ache in the mornings. It helped a lot.

It's coolish this morning here in Tennessee. There's a touch of fall color in some of the trees. The extended forecast is for breaking out the sweaters in 10 days, with some nights in the 30s (F).

I just had two back-to-back staff meetings, one in person and one on Zoom. I am procrastinating about dealing with the stack of mail. It's only one chair's worth. ( If you're wondering about that measure, I pile it in the seat of a spare office chair. :-D )
Last edited by MackerelCat on Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mackie