Daily Check-in | 13 Oct 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check-in | 13 Oct 2021

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I did not sleep well at all last night and must have slept crooked on my neck when I finally did get to sleep.
So I had to take some ibuprofen ugh...Feeling kind of "out there".
MJ, wow 2 fillings at once!!! I am a stress tooth clencher and it stinks! Hang in there my friend.

Mackie, poor HB... that man has been thru so much...praying for him.
It is bright and sunny but cool outside.
Today the appliance repair guy is to work on the electric range at the rental, I hope the renter/friend doesn't talk him to desperation. I know she is lonely and upset with her situation.

I feel like I may have a little more mo-jo than yesterday but my neck aches...hope I can get something done today.
I have the robo-vac going and need to run the dishwasher here in a bit. Laundry done and hung outside.

Off to get something done.

JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Snow/rain mixture has hit the city. The snow isn't sticking around so that is a good thing and I am hoping it disappears as the temperatures warm a little.

Household tasks are done so now I have been sewing blocks together. Finished 10 and need to think about how I am going to do the slashing. I have a rough idea that could possibly save a bit of time, but I am not sure if I will like the outcome. I am going to lay it out on the living room floor before I start cutting and sewing that part.

If I get a chance at some point today I will post a picture of what I lay out on my blog. Check later and see what you all think.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Haven't done anything today.

I am freezing. Thermostat wars continue. I don't want to have to be bundled up in my big fluffy robe. The COD is in bed under a couple of blankets.

Sheesh - this temperature wars can be the straw that breaks the camels back - :mrgreen:
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have not heard from HB yet. His investigative heart procedure was to start at 1 p.m., but he doesn't do anesthesia well, so I probably won't hear from him until around 8 p.m. when he's finally back together enough to hold his phone.

My workday has turned into kind of a hot mess: one of the kids in quarantine just up and left for at least 24 hours and then returned, so I had to write up a report on that (he is in big trouble) and then the mailman came in and told me that someone had smashed a window in the dorm laundry room. So I had to call the police, give a statement, and then write up another report with photos.

And the IT department did a big upgrade over the weekend (Maggie will love this one) that blew away the staff's email and calendars. Most people also could not use the browser they'd been using before. Now we can't use any Microsoft Office products on our computers because they changed our email addresses, which previously had been our log in credentials. Somebody did not think that one through. So today instead of typing things in Word, I've been writing them by hand on pieces of paper. This is not progress!
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:05 pm I have not heard from HB yet. His investigative heart procedure was to start at 1 p.m., but he doesn't do anesthesia well, so I probably won't hear from him until around 8 p.m. when he's finally back together enough to hold his phone.

My workday has turned into kind of a hot mess: one of the kids in quarantine just up and left for at least 24 hours and then returned, so I had to write up a report on that (he is in big trouble) and then the mailman came in and told me that someone had smashed a window in the dorm laundry room. So I had to call the police, give a statement, and then write up another report with photos.

And the IT department did a big upgrade over the weekend (Maggie will love this one) that blew away the staff's email and calendars. Most people also could not use the browser they'd been using before. Now we can't use any Microsoft Office products on our computers because they changed our email addresses, which previously had been our log in credentials. Somebody did not think that one through. So today instead of typing things in Word, I've been writing them by hand on pieces of paper. This is not progress!
oh wow - so the student is out there spreading germs....
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Yep. He was in for quarantine, which meant his test had not yet come back positive, but he was sick when he checked in. He was still sick today when I checked on him at lunch time. School was on fall break over the weekend and on Monday and Tuesday, so we were depending on resident assistants not familiar with the quarantine program to look after them. I suspect he took advantage of that and took off over the horizon.
Mackie