Daily Check-in | 13 Oct 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check-in | 13 Oct 2021

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Appliance repair guy has to order a part for the stove at the rental, he says it may take a couple days and then he will install it. I Thank God that the electrical issue the renter/friend was talking about was just a tripped breaker from her pulling the main. He showed her how to reset the breaker if ever needed.

Just brought the laundry in as we are getting rain. It has turned off gloomy and chilly again. We are getting Mexican food tonight so that is a plus.

It appears the farmer across the road has started picking the corn, need to get some mouse cookies installed...hate those things.

My neck seems to have loosened up considerably and feels so much better.
2 more people that were close to my family have died. One used to be married to the aunt that passed in September. They were divorced but he still came around to family things...he was a nice man. The other is the very best friend to my auntie that died in 2006. She actually helped us care for my aunt before she passed. This friend died from Alzheimer's ....so sad to watch how it progressed.

Before we go to the Mexican place I will have to run the lint brush all over me again...I swear my cat can shed on command. I keep lint brushes everywhere because of her.

I will need to bake bread tomorrow...might do the Japanese Milk bread again, it was good.

JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Windy, snowy, and raining, at least the roads are not icy yet and hopefully the temperatures rise tomorrow.

I got my haircut, took all of about 15 minutes, I love the cut she does and if I ask for my bangs to be a bit shorter B does it right away. Now I should be good until just before Christmas. B says things are really quiet right now due to the uptick in Covid cases and there is only so much cleaning that they can do.

Working on the quilt for DS and I have managed to get 2 complete sets of blocks completed. Tomorrow afternoon will be a complete rest, but I am hope to get blocks at least pinned tomorrow and perhaps a few sewn. I will put a picture of what I have completed on my blog tonight.

Starting the soup shortly, a good thing all I need to do is warm it up. Checked the leftover salmon mixture and I will need to make a bit more.

JCKitty, I am sorry that you have lost more people you care about or know. My prayers are with you and the families of those who died.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:05 pm I have not heard from HB yet. His investigative heart procedure was to start at 1 p.m., but he doesn't do anesthesia well, so I probably won't hear from him until around 8 p.m. when he's finally back together enough to hold his phone.

My workday has turned into kind of a hot mess: one of the kids in quarantine just up and left for at least 24 hours and then returned, so I had to write up a report on that (he is in big trouble) and then the mailman came in and told me that someone had smashed a window in the dorm laundry room. So I had to call the police, give a statement, and then write up another report with photos.

And the IT department did a big upgrade over the weekend (Maggie will love this one) that blew away the staff's email and calendars. Most people also could not use the browser they'd been using before. Now we can't use any Microsoft Office products on our computers because they changed our email addresses, which previously had been our log in credentials. Somebody did not think that one through. So today instead of typing things in Word, I've been writing them by hand on pieces of paper. This is not progress!
AACK! Hopefully they can restore the email addresses to get you the access to the tools. But that is awful!
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

Well, I actually accomplished or at least started everything on my to-do list on my 2 days off.

Right now I am rather down in the dumps. So last week was my birthday right? I got a phone call from DS1. Good! However in DDIL's family, birthdays are a huge deal. Nice dinners out, gifts, etc... Well Sunday I asked when were were going to celebrate my birthday. DDIL said "we at least owe you a cupcake". Ok I can deal. They said Wednesday would be the best and I asked them to let me know what time. Nothing!

Ok enough whining. I just feel like a bit of an after thought. But I am not going to demand attention like her Grandmother.

Anyways,
Have a good evening.
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:13 pm Hi everyone,

Well, I actually accomplished or at least started everything on my to-do list on my 2 days off.

Right now I am rather down in the dumps. So last week was my birthday right? I got a phone call from DS1. Good! However in DDIL's family, birthdays are a huge deal. Nice dinners out, gifts, etc... Well Sunday I asked when were were going to celebrate my birthday. DDIL said "we at least owe you a cupcake". Ok I can deal. They said Wednesday would be the best and I asked them to let me know what time. Nothing!

Ok enough whining. I just feel like a bit of an after thought. But I am not going to demand attention like her Grandmother.

Anyways,
Have a good evening.
Maggie
Very understandable that you feel that way! Big hug to you!!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

We are under a flash flood warning. Very dark outside, so went ahead and put on my pajamas.

The COD finally got up. He must be going through one of his PTSD episodes. But he is making enchiladas. Guess he got hungry.

I hope it doesn't get too bad. There is a long line of showers headed our way - scary

There were tornadoes yesterday in Oklahoma.