Daily Check-in | 13 Oct 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalaaron

Daily Check-in | 13 Oct 2021

Post by frugalaaron »

Just getting us started. Happy hump day everyone.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in | 13 Oct 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Well, I woke up expecting rain and/or snow, but that looks not to be arriving until later this morning if the radar is to be believed.

After my hair cut this afternoon I do not plan on going anywhere until tomorrow. Then it will be Bible study and our flu shot.

It turns out I do have enough in the way of groceries to make it until Friday. This means I know exactly what I need in the way of dairy (milk) to make it through a full 2 weeks. I am hopeful that this week there will be some good to great sales on meat. I am running low on a couple of items (not on the menu plan for the month, but if I can get a good sale, perhaps next month). I already know I want to make Biorkes (what I sometimes call Cabbage bread) one day very soon so I do so hope hamburger is on sale.

Frugal happening here will be keeping the drapes open for sunlight, and the usual using up, wearing out, subbing ingredients where I can, and working on many projects. I hope to get the stove and oven cleaned as well today.

So now you have what my day more or less looks like. Nothing exciting.

Supper tonight will be Leek and Potato soup. I plan on using up the remains of oldest DS's salmon mixture on some buns (may make a bit more cause I really don't think there is enough).

Today I am grateful that my fall/winter clothes are out and when bad weather hits we will be prepared (well mostly).

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Still getting that header message on my laptop where I am using Microsoft Edge as the browser. My phone and the mini computer on the TV use Chrome and that works just fine. Kind of the opposite of Clem here.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning!
Mid 50s and the fog has burned off.

Mackie ... prayers going out for HB. Poor man can't seem to catch a break.

Let's see. Over the weekend, we took a day trip ... drove out to a restaurant (with outdoor seating) for dinner. Good view, nice food, not crowded. Went out to the apple orchard, which was surprisingly busy for a Tuesday. They were saying it wasn't a good year ... they lost some crops to the frost in May.

Cats went to the vet. Big Boy's allergies are flaring, so he's on meds for the next month or so. The first week is toughest, since I have to give him pills twice a day, which neither of us likes. Poor Little Girl has to go back for some dental work.

Otherwise, just perused the grocery ads, so I need to plot out where to shop this week. Need to plot out the rest of this week's meals, too.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have showered and dressed, breakfast was Wheat Chex, and a pear.

I have no big plans for the day. I need to rest. I know that I have one package coming today. I still have 3 more on the way. My last couple of orders were shipped in multiple packages.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, everyone. Thank you all for the prayers for HB. He needs them, poor fellow. I sincerely hope he does not get a triple bypass, as diabetics do not heal well after major surgery. His spirits are always good, though, and he's looking forward to feeling better, no matter what they have to do.

Can you believe that October is almost half over? Wow! I should be making plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but just the thought is tiring.

I must shanghai DS and take him clothes shopping. I have done all I can to keep his raggedy wardrobe patched together. It's time for new stuff. He hates to shop (wonder who he gets that from?) and has always counted on my ability to wizard up nice, soft, already broken-in things from thrift shops and consignment sales. But he's both big and tall, and it's nearly impossible now to find sizes that fit him on the secondhand market.

Coffee cup is empty, so it's time to process some mail. Hope you all have a great day.
Mackie