Daily Check in Oct 14, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check in Oct 14, 2021

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

I got the kitchen all tidied up this morning. And also bagged up the pots and pans I had ready to donate to a thrift store. A woman in town is "starting over" and on a local group requested kitchen items, linens and other cooking items. I found 4 towels and a hand towel that I've just had sitting in my guest room for a couple of years. I didn't like them because they were too thick. I couldn't use them to wrap my hair. I donated those too. I took over the two big bags of items this afternoon.

It is dreary and very overcast here today. When I went out to make my delivery of donated items, it was sprinkling just a wee bit. I think it is going to be like this all through the weekend. That's actually needed so I hope it does. The subsurface moisture for the fields was extremely low and there wasn't enough through flow of water for the cows' dugouts to fill. If we keep getting these nice slow rains, it should help replenish some of that.

I have a little under a cup of pumpkin left from making my pie. I found a recipe for a pumpkin loaf that uses just about that so I am going to make that after supper. It looks quite easy and I'm always up for easy and quick to make items. Mind you, I can't think of any thing I cook or bake that requires more effort than it is worth.

Angela couldn't come over today as her littlest is sick with a runny nose and such again. One of the elementary schools in town had a big COVID-19 outbreak so I am glad she is keeping him home until she can determine if it is just another autumn cold.

The fire inspector came today. I KNEW there would be trouble with my bike being parked in my front entrance. I have to get that put into storage. Zoe and John said they could store it at their house this winter with their bicycles. Whew! The inspector also wasn't happy with my use of extension cords for the TV, the landline phone and the answering machine. I have to get approved power bars. That shouldn't be too bad. I promised to have it all done by the end of the first week of November, if not sooner. I think it will be sooner but I felt I needed to give myself some leeway.

I finished watching some Netflix recently. I watched Cocaine Cowboys, boy! That was interesting and all about how Miami was in the 1970s and 1980s. I then watched a documentary series on Pirates. Interesting as well. Today I started watching Witches: A Century of Murder. Wow! What was done to those innocent people was atrocious! With all my freckles and moles, I'd have never lived!(signs of the devil don't cha know!).

It's getting close to supper time and I am hungry. Tonight's supper will be hash browns and a couple of eggs. I'll wait for dessert until my pumpkin loaf is ready.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ

Mackie,
I hope HB's surgery is a success and his recovery is relatively easy, considering what they will be doing. I'll be thinking of him come Monday. I'd be terrified if I were him but then again, after all the surgeries I've had? I'm done with having any more!
Hope has a good imagination.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in Oct 14, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Update:

I threw together a chicken and veggie sheet pan dinner...OMG really good. I put a maple syrup, mustard, orange, garlic spin on the marinade and put extra of the sauce on the chicken quarters. The leftover pan juices and veggies will probably become the basis of a casserole or soup. Something with wild rice mixture.

We ended up having a lot of rain this afternoon. Very dark and gloomy. Now we have a sick green glow to the sky...
I made a loaf of the Japanese Milk bread...very good, i think I will form some of the dough into cinnamon rolls next time.
Tomorrow I might make some deviled eggs and small amount of potato salad, I still have a few potatoes to get used up.

I will run the floor cleaner tomorrow, clean for the weekend...hopefully we will get to the orchard/pumpkin patch this weekend.

JCKitty