Daily Check in Oct 14, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check in Oct 14, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:48 am Well, I just got off the phone with Homeless Buddy, and he's having a triple bypass on Monday. Not what we were hoping for and he'll be in the hospital for a long recovery. He was in a foul mood about life in general, mostly I gathered because they wouldn't let him take a shower and, as he put it, "the food sucks." He's usually generous about hospital food, but not this time. But he's being released today to return on Monday, so some time at home will improve his mood considerably.
I suspect the foul mood is him being scared to death about the bypass. I would be too.
Mackie...you are the very best...he is so fortunate to have you in his life.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Yeah, I think he was deflecting onto the shower and food because that's minor compared to the big scary thing.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:48 am Well, I just got off the phone with Homeless Buddy, and he's having a triple bypass on Monday. Not what we were hoping for and he'll be in the hospital for a long recovery. He was in a foul mood about life in general, mostly I gathered because they wouldn't let him take a shower and, as he put it, "the food sucks." He's usually generous about hospital food, but not this time. But he's being released today to return on Monday, so some time at home will improve his mood considerably.
I will keep him in my prayers. Poor fellow is probably scared beyond belief, I know I would be.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Mackie,
I agree he is probably scared and so disappointed to hear the news.
I continue to pray for him.

I have my bread started and laundry hung. I also deep cleaned the robo-vac after using. I am continually amazed at what it sweeps up. I need to vacuum the stairway.
I did take the time to put rodent poison out in the shed and garage. I hope I am not just providing treats for them..... :roll:

More puffball mushrooms have appeared in my yard but I have dehydrated plenty so will let them go.

The weather started bright and sunny but now is becoming overcast and gloomy...does nothing for my mood LOL.

JCKitty
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ...

Mid-70s and clouds have parted for the moment.

Had to pick up a prescription for DH, so got a few items from the every-growing grocery list. Picked up a package of fried chicken for tomorrow night's dinner ... I'm fresh out of ideas and motivation for meals after tonight. (I'm hoping DH will want to use the pizza deal for Saturday's dinner :D )

Not a lot going on otherwise. Need to pay some bills. I have been phone shopping ... have to replace my 3G phone pretty soon 😭

Mackie, prayers going out for HB for a successful outcome. I'd be a nervous wreck if it were me.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Putting HB in my prayers.