Daily Check in Oct 14, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in Oct 14, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, everyone. I agree with the sentiment of how did Maggie's grandson get to be 7? Time goes too fast.

Yesterday was most definitely the 13th. I had a crazy workday, topped off by getting a city parking ticket in front of our office. I parked there after someone took my assigned parking space, which is making me extra snarly about the whole thing. Grrr.

After giving some thought to trying to get DS to go shopping, I made an order of winter clothes for him last night from Swap.com of three pairs of jeans, a pair of pajama pants, four winter shirts and two hoodies for $96. Anythign that's not right I can send back, so that should work out better than trying to drag him to a store.

Hope you all have a great day.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

itspennyc wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:18 am Jackie if you can't find a cat appliqué you like I have one I can share. My stepfather drew it for me from a mosaic tile cat that he had.

Please let me know so I could email it to you.

Penny
Thanks Penny. I will sure keep your offer in mind if I can't find one I like.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

It is bright and sunny so far this morning, I am going to make a loaf of bread here in a bit and need to decide if I am going to donation center or not. I don't have much and it is probably a better use of time and fuel to wait until I have a full load.

My sore neck is better, now just feels like a hollow ache. I know that probably sounds weird but I know what I mean lol :?

Running the robo-vac and have some laundry to hang. Should be a mellow day.

Hoping we get good news from Mackie about HB.

Off to do something???
JCKitty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good morning, friends. I had a pretty rough night, sleepwise. One of those bed to recliner to couch to recliner nights. Ugh.

I was pretty excited yesterday to hear about the 5.9% Social Security COLA to be made at the end of this year. That will be a nice little bump and Lord knows we can use it.

Mackie, I'm keeping Buddy in my prayers. Hope he can avoid triple bypass.

My brother was in the hospital for two days. He went home yesterday. His blood pressure had bottomed out (60/46). Then it was fluctuating pretty high as well. They adjusted some meds and hopefully that has fixed the issue.

Still no fall color to speak of here. Not too surprising, considering it's 75 degrees at 9:30 in the morning. We are getting a nice cold front this weekend, though, and temps are supposed to go down about 15 degrees overall. I can't wait.

Kitty, I'm so sorry for your family's recent losses. That's a lot to deal with.

I'm not sure what we will have for supper tonight. I've done well with fixing something every day this week, but they have been "one and done" meals with no leftovers. Not like I prefer to cook. I actually have a couple gift cards in my purse that I can use - they would just require a trip to pick it up. So that's always an option. I guess I'll figure something out later on.
Patty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Well, I just got off the phone with Homeless Buddy, and he's having a triple bypass on Monday. Not what we were hoping for and he'll be in the hospital for a long recovery. He was in a foul mood about life in general, mostly I gathered because they wouldn't let him take a shower and, as he put it, "the food sucks." He's usually generous about hospital food, but not this time. But he's being released today to return on Monday, so some time at home will improve his mood considerably.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all!

Think I slept well. Didn't get up until 10:10! I could have sworn it was maybe 8 or so.

Not even the pups got up. They have been out and are back asleep. It is kind of that type of day.

Overcast and still chance of rain. Wasn't too bad last night. We didn't get much - 1/2 an inch according to my sister.

But still under flash flood warning.

Today is Schwan's day, so have to hang around the house.

Hope all have a great day.