Daily Check in Oct 14, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Oct 14, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning Friends,

Not much new to report. Did not sleep well. I've got a ticket at work that came in on Monday and was not handled properly, trying to figure out my next steps towards resolving it.

Tonight I will run down a donation for DGS7's boy scout troop. It is the end of their popcorn sales. I do not need popcorn so I'd rather give a donation. And doing it through the website, the website takes a portion bigger than I like.

Have a great day,
Maggie
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check in Oct 14, 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning All,

Maggie, how in the world did your grandson get to be 7 years old already??!!

I have been enjoying my week off but it is flying by FAST! Have been able to get some things done around the house - but more to do and I'm trying to pace myself and include some activities I enjoy - like watching old movies from the 1940s.

I "babysat" dd's dog yesterday - which simply means she was gated in my dining room, which is the room that divides dd's space from mine. As long as she can see me and my dogs and we give her a bit of attention, she is content and doesn't bark - but if she thinks she is alone, she barks. So she was no trouble and she is just as sweet and cute as can be.

Nothing new or exciting to report (that can be good!) - just wanted to pop on and say hello. I hope you are all doing well.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am ready as I can be this morning, for the inspection.

I have pumpkin muffins in the oven. I only need to wash the bowl, mixer and pan to be ready and if they come very early no need to even have done that yet. As all that is in my sink right now is from baking the muffins.

We had storms over night. I am not sure just how much rain my apartment got but between 2 and 4 inches. There is a lake in what is supposed to be a green space behind the building.

I kept waking up last night. I don’t know how long the thunder lasted during the night. But it had stopped by 6 am. We now only have a chance of scattered showers this morning.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I noticed last night that the forum was giving me the same error message as before, wonder what will happen today.

Yesterday we got over 15mm of rain and snow mixed together and I sort of hear it still falling. It is once again dark and dreary out and the forecast is calling for yet more rain.

I have Bible Study this afternoon and will be leaving immediately after (no helping clean up) as Hubby and I have appointments at our pharmacy to get flu shots. That will be out of the way and we will be ready for whatever comes our way.

I don't have to go shopping until tomorrow morning. I could perhaps even put it off until Saturday, but that day is pretty darn busy. So all I have to do is a few household tasks, and get a few more blocks pinned together for the gift quilt. Nothing strenuous or hard. On the way home from our flu shots we will pick up the mail as well (or that can even wait until the next day).

My search for today will be to find the pattern for cats I am thinking more of applique usage on plain fabric (probably black) as a silhouette type thing. I am hoping that would be something youngest would like, or perhaps I can find a knitting pattern that uses cats in a repeated pattern on a knitted blanket. Good thing I don't have much to do today.

Supper tonight will be the leftover turkey tetrazzini along with some leftover coleslaw. I should be able to add some cabbage and carrot to the small container of slaw I have left. That will clear out room in the fridge.

I will even be eating fruit and some leftover salmon salad for my lunch as well as a piece of fruit for breakfast (not really hungry this morning). Thus helping with clearing out the fridge.

Today I am grateful that we got some moisture, but it could stop for a bit so we can continue with the yard clean up.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Yep, still getting the message. Dang, but I think I just might have figured something out and will give that a try later.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by Jackielou » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:13 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I noticed last night that the forum was giving me the same error message as before, wonder what will happen today.

Yesterday we got over 15mm of rain and snow mixed together and I sort of hear it still falling. It is once again dark and dreary out and the forecast is calling for yet more rain.

I have Bible Study this afternoon and will be leaving immediately after (no helping clean up) as Hubby and I have appointments at our pharmacy to get flu shots. That will be out of the way and we will be ready for whatever comes our way.

I don't have to go shopping until tomorrow morning. I could perhaps even put it off until Saturday, but that day is pretty darn busy. So all I have to do is a few household tasks, and get a few more blocks pinned together for the gift quilt. Nothing strenuous or hard. On the way home from our flu shots we will pick up the mail as well (or that can even wait until the next day).

My search for today will be to find the pattern for cats I am thinking more of applique usage on plain fabric (probably black) as a silhouette type thing. I am hoping that would be something youngest would like, or perhaps I can find a knitting pattern that uses cats in a repeated pattern on a knitted blanket. Good thing I don't have much to do today.

Supper tonight will be the leftover turkey tetrazzini along with some leftover coleslaw. I should be able to add some cabbage and carrot to the small container of slaw I have left. That will clear out room in the fridge.

I will even be eating fruit and some leftover salmon salad for my lunch as well as a piece of fruit for breakfast (not really hungry this morning). Thus helping with clearing out the fridge.

Today I am grateful that we got some moisture, but it could stop for a bit so we can continue with the yard
Jackie if you can't find a cat appliqué you like I have one I can share. My stepfather drew it for me from a mosaic tile cat that he had.

Please let me know so I could email it to you.

Penny