Daily Check In October 15, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In October 15, 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

mbrudnic wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:38 pm Meatloaf, Mashed potatoes a vegetable...
Maggie, meatloaf and mashed potatoes sounds like a great idea. Patty, maybe that or maybe a pan of meatballs, some shredded cheese and sub rolls with a side of potato salad? I don't know really - it's a tough one. I think anything you provide will be greatly appreciated.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Pot roast, Patty. Let the oven do all the work. Or a pork loin and baked potatoes, on the same principle.

The price of everything has gone up to a shocking extent. I haven't had to buy sickness clothes for Homeless Buddy in a couple of years, but just spent a small fortune buying more sleep pants, t-shirts, sock and underwear for him at Family Dollar. Even with a 20 percent discount -- the store is going out of business -- the cost is eye-watering compared to the last time he had an extended hospital stay.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Patty

Maybe a roast chicken? Some baked baby red potatoes?
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Our little cold front is here

Temp is now 78! Will get down to 55 tonight. That is cold for us.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Patty,

How about some fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gray and maybe some corn or seasoned green beans...add in some dinner rolls and I would take a gallon of tea or some lemonade.
How about some cookies or brownies. Maybe a tray of those filled and sliced tortilla roll ups with different fillings.

The fiance just left for a night gig...he is running a wrecker for a few nights as the owner is a really good friend and his father has passed away. It's the same friend that the fiance runs repo's for when needed.

It got dark early this evening, I have a bad feelin that we are not going to be able to mow at DD's/dads until Sunday or Monday :( So wet and more rain predicted.

Tomorrow I will deep clean bath, utility room and 2 bedrooms.
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I finished off the eggplant today. We had a tray for supper as Hubby got excited when he smelt it baking. Still have 2 more to put in the freezer.

Hubby did some yard cleaning and as this weekend is a free one at our dump he will load everything up and our yard will pretty much be finished for winter.

I will make Biroks (cabbage and hamburger stuffed buns) tomorrow probably have some for supper and the rest will be frozen for later meals.

I managed to get my shopping done in 1 1/2 hours today. Hopefully I can cut that down again the next time I go.

Off to do some knitting.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/