Daily Check In October 15, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check In October 15, 2021

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde!

I was up at 6:30 and had some of the pumpkin loaf I made last night. BOY! Is is ever nice and moist and tastes so good! I've posted the recipe on the recipes section. It is great that is only uses one cup of pumpkin, about the amount I have left after making pumpkin pie. I have that recipe bookmarked.

Did some tidying up in the living room. Have more to do. A little at a time and things are coming together. I took two big bags of pots, pans, and towels to a woman in town who is starting over. Angela and I cleared it out last week and so it is now out of the house! YAY!! I will be boxing up more stuff today. Mostly depression glass dishes and a set of etched glass breakfast dishes with bowls and cups. I hate to let them go but then again, I don't have space for them and maybe someone else wants to have nice breakfast glasses and such.

I organized some books and display items on the bookshelves. I need to go through and take out some three ring binders that don't look good in there. I will be downsizing my sewing books too. It will all come with time.

Today's lunch with be the usual hot dawgs and maybe some chicken noodle soup. Supper tonight is going to be some kind of curry I can throw together to use a banana pepper I bought before it spoils. I want something spicy!

I have to unload the dishwasher which I set off just as I went to bed. I might get that done this afternoon.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,
It was a hectic morning. One of my tools is not working correctly and it is a major deal.

I went down to DS1 and family. They had cupcakes for me and I am ok with that. IN talking with DS he mentioned that maybe I should see someone about possible depression. Fourth person in several weeks. Second one yesterday.

We've go train today and a cold front is supposed to arrive overnight and the temps go down. News said today is probably the last day of the year we may get to 80. But at the rate things are going, I don't see us getting that high. Hello Fall.

Have a great day,
Maggie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon!
71 and has been pouring rain off and on today. I had a Target pickup, and it started to pour just a few blocks from the store. Waited in the far parking lot for a bit until it settled down. Not going to ask a staffer to get soaked just so I can get a couple of items.

Ordered a couple of bras ... I think half the things in this house have ended their useful life at the same time. Bought one the other day ... supposed to fit, but it was way too small, so back it will go.

Otherwise, need to do laundry; will work on mount dishmore again. Better tidy up the house; friend is supposed to come watch football with us on Sunday.

Mackie, glad they're keeping HB. I'd wondered if they were releasing him due to some insurance rule ...
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Another late night for me - almost 3am before I went to bed. Need to break this cycle and start going to bed earlier. I get up too late in the morning also.

I hope I can do it!

Need to just follow through. I did sleep well. Not sure what I will do today. That is one thing about getting up so late - feel like the day is over - booo!!!!

Have a great day all
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good afternoon, all. I have to leave in a bit to pick up my Kroger order. I've been doing my grocery shopping at Walmart, but every once in awhile I do an order from Kroger b/c they have a few things that our Walmart just doesn't carry. But the prices...aye yi yi...so next week it's back to Walmart for me. I think while I'm out I will take advantage of Sonic's happy hour to get us a 1/2 priced blackberry slush. It's our favorite and it'll make a great Friday treat.

Speaking of treats, our Picadilly meal last night was wonderful and the gift card paid for it completely, so we weren't out any money at all. Can't beat that.

I wanted to run something by y'all and ask for opinions. About a month ago I had signed up to bring a meal to my friend Shannon's family. She was in the ICU with Covid. Sadly, she passed away. I still want to bring her DH and the kids a meal, but I'm torn about what to bring. It's a big grown man (former linebacker), a strapping 17-year old son (also a football player) and a 15-year old daughter. I know they've had a lot of meals brought to them over the past couple months and I'd love to give them something different. But I'm not sure what "different" looks like. On the meal train site they listed their "likes" as "wings, BBQ, Chicken, Meat and potatoes, Tacos, Rice, Italian, meatballs, etc. Not a fan of saucy casseroles." The people on either side of me are both bringing tacos according to their sign-up. Any thoughts/suggestions?
Patty
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

chocolite wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:37 pm Good afternoon, all. I have to leave in a bit to pick up my Kroger order. I've been doing my grocery shopping at Walmart, but every once in awhile I do an order from Kroger b/c they have a few things that our Walmart just doesn't carry. But the prices...aye yi yi...so next week it's back to Walmart for me. I think while I'm out I will take advantage of Sonic's happy hour to get us a 1/2 priced blackberry slush. It's our favorite and it'll make a great Friday treat.

Speaking of treats, our Picadilly meal last night was wonderful and the gift card paid for it completely, so we weren't out any money at all. Can't beat that.

I wanted to run something by y'all and ask for opinions. About a month ago I had signed up to bring a meal to my friend Shannon's family. She was in the ICU with Covid. Sadly, she passed away. I still want to bring her DH and the kids a meal, but I'm torn about what to bring. It's a big grown man (former linebacker), a strapping 17-year old son (also a football player) and a 15-year old daughter. I know they've had a lot of meals brought to them over the past couple months and I'd love to give them something different. But I'm not sure what "different" looks like. On the meal train site they listed their "likes" as "wings, BBQ, Chicken, Meat and potatoes, Tacos, Rice, Italian, meatballs, etc. Not a fan of saucy casseroles." The people on either side of me are both bringing tacos according to their sign-up. Any thoughts/suggestions?
Meatloaf, Mashed potatoes a vegetable...