Daily Check in Oct 16, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check in Oct 16, 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning all. I woke up in the 5:00 hour to a lovely thunder storm with heavy rain - my kind of day! I have been cooking away this morning and enjoying the process.

The rain continues off an on, much to the dismay of my dogs - they don't like going out in it = but of course I make them.

It will be a zero spend weekend, I`ll be going through the frige, freezer, pantry some more and planning meals for the coming week with what is on hand - and possibly some bread baking.

Breakfast was grits with applesauce and a little bit of honey - not bad. Lunch will be homemade mac & cheese that I made last night.

I hope you all have a very good weekend and are enjoying the autumn season!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Sheila, I hated grits when I was a kid...now I love them. I eat them with milk, butter and brown sugar or honey as a hot cereal. It's comfort food.

I slept in and it was great. I did stay up late last night...watched a recorded movie that the fiance thinks is a chick-flic.

It is chilly at 52 degrees but sunny and no rain. I have dog rugs on the lines. and kitchen cleaned and polished up...next up is running the swiffer on some table tops. Floor cleaning to follow...I did turn the heat on I don't function well when cold.

Off to get started...again.

JCKitty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good morning friends. Thank you for all the good meal ideas! I’m going to take Danny and the kids meatloaf with mashed potatoes and a veggie mix of broccoli/cauliflower/carrots, a loaf of homemade bread, and a jug of lemonade. And brownies. Hopefully they will enjoy that. I know DH will, because I’ll make enough for us too. Best of all, I have everything I need to make it all, so no trip to the store is needed.

The site is glitchy this morning. It kicked me out when I was part-way through my post, so I’m retyping this in Word and will pop it in once I’m done.

Well, our cold front came through last night and it is glorious out there. Mid-60s make me so happy. I want to get out sometime for a pedicure – not sure when, exactly.

I’ve discovered this woman on TikTok. She does videos about super saving secrets from Dollar General. She did one that’s only good for today that was amazing – a ton of Gain products and at the end her total is only $11 and change. I wish I had the energy to do all that.

I’m going to make shrimp tonight in the air fryer – hopefully it will turn out; I’ve never done it in the air fryer before. I also have a partial bag of frozen sweet potato fries that I’ll fix, along with some green beans. I also want to make a pot of soup, either today or tomorrow. This kind of weather makes me want to cook and bake…does it do that for you?

Last night was another poor sleep night, with me playing musical sleep spots. I go through phases, and I’m definitely in the midst of a poor sleep cycle. Maybe the cooler weather will get me out of this. I miss sleeping through the night. It’s been a long time since I’ve done that.

Kitty, I eat my grits like you do ... so good! Although I like them savory with grits too.
Patty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Hi All~
I love grits! With cheese....or butter...or a little sugar.
Planning on making quiche for dinner. I have everything I need.
Pulled out all our winter jackets. Almost time for the flannel sheets!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It is so nice to be comfy in the house without having the AC running.

Went and got my turkey plate. A little earlier than I wanted but people were bugging me!

My sibling texted me that her friend had already gotten hers and that it was good. She went at 10! Who eats turkey at ten, I asked. I could tell she wanted hers now. And thought why didn't best friend pick one up for her? Next year I will make that suggestion

So I had to get dressed and cleaned up and drive out there. Thankfully was a short wait. The parking lot was full because of a funeral. Another reason my sibling wanted her plate. She figured that the people at the service were going to rush out there and buy up all the food.

I had to tell her to think about that - would they not be driving in a procession to the cemetery. I don't think they will be eating turkey plates on the way....... :mrgreen:
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:11 am Good morning beautiful people,

Wow Jackie- lots of family birthdays! October must have been a very busy month for you when your sons were young.

It’s cloudy again today, still quite mild but we ended up turning on the heat for a bit just to keep the house cozy. Neither Dh nor I do well with a cold house so it’s a price we’re willing to pay.

My third load and last load of laundry is in the washer right now. I have already made up our bed with fresh sheets and put out clean towels for a refresh. The kitchen has clean tea towels and dish cloth as well.

Does anyone have a food white flour bread maker recipe? If so please post in the recipe file. I have a good friend who has Crohn’s disease and can’t tolerate whole wheat and she has a diabetic hubby. I wanted to bake something they could both enjoy. I tried a recipe that called for milk and butter. While it tastes pretty good, it didn’t rise like it should have so I will try again.

Dh and I are leaving shortly for a walk around a man made lake.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Yep and my mom and sister were both born October 20th, and Hubby has three sisters and a brother born in October as well...Reminds me I need to wish the brother a Happy Belated Birthday.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/