Daily Check in Oct 16, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Oct 16, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

I'm feeling better today.

Nice cool weather. I can sit here in my fluffy robe. Had some good food I didn't have to cook and money went to a good cause.

I never liked cranberry sauce when I was younger, but in my later years, I realized that it just added to much to the meal. I like to mix it into the dressing. I've made my own before and that was the best.

My pets have been so good today too. I think because they can spend more time outside and run around. It isn't so warm.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, everyone. I am back from the grocery store, where we knocked $13 off the cost with coupons. Also did my laundry and a load of laundry for HB.

The weather is beautiful today: very cool, breezy, and the sky is so blue. We had tremendous rain last night and that scoured all the pollution out of the air.

Yesterday the memory foam mattress pad arrived and I tried it out. Slept so much better, too. It does sleep "warm" but I am generally cold, so that's not a bad thing.

Turkey sounds wonderful!

Hope you all have a lovely afternoon.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:58 pm Hi, everyone. I am back from the grocery store, where we knocked $13 off the cost with coupons. Also did my laundry and a load of laundry for HB.

The weather is beautiful today: very cool, breezy, and the sky is so blue. We had tremendous rain last night and that scoured all the pollution out of the air.

Yesterday the memory foam mattress pad arrived and I tried it out. Slept so much better, too. It does sleep "warm" but I am generally cold, so that's not a bad thing.

Turkey sounds wonderful!

Hope you all have a lovely afternoon.
I am thinking of getting one of those for the COD. His bed is very uncomfortable. He bought it a few years ago and since he hates to spend "large" amounts of money, he went el cheapo on the mattress. I don't know how he can stand it.

He will spend 500 dollars - a 20 - at a time and think nothing of it. Basically just piddle it away. But spend that much at one time - OMG - no way.

I've tried to reason with him - but nope - not getting through. LOL

I slept on one at my sister's house and it was very comfy.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

yes the turkey was yummy. And so much - enough for two full meals

Now it is what I call "institutional" style turkey. You don't get slices of turkey - the meat is kind of blended in with the cornbread dressing and gravy. But it is so good. I love this time of year.

The same family has been making this for the church for years. The third generation was out there today.

The only thing that was missing was the yams! I read an old post and they mentioned yams. Well not in today's meal - oh well at least we had cranberry!!
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

It's another lovely day in Manitoba. Sunny and with my big windows, so warm in here I had to turn the A/C on for a while.

I've been just goofing off today. I got up very late and that felt good. I had stayed up late and watched Netflix movies. I did a binge watch of history of WWII battles today. I knew all the names but didn't know anything about them. Now I know but I'll probably forget some of what I learned.

I repotted the ornamental pepper plant I bought at the beginning of the month. It's pot wasn't very big and it's soil? Well, now it has some good dirt to spread its roots into. I hope it stays as nice as it has been and grows more in the next while. I might do another repotting of a succulent or two. I haven't decided on that yet.

The curry I made last night and had over rice was quite nice. I have enough for two more meals. Tonight for supper I am going to make Poutine. A fund weekend type dinner.

I am going to box up all the "stuff" around my chair and have it ready to sort through over the next while. It won't take much to box it up but deciding what to do with it might! :?

Tonight, I am going to watch the news and then probably some more Netflix is there isn't anything on Network TV.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:13 pm I am thinking of getting one of those for the COD. His bed is very uncomfortable. He bought it a few years ago and since he hates to spend "large" amounts of money, he went el cheapo on the mattress. I don't know how he can stand it.

He will spend 500 dollars - a 20 - at a time and think nothing of it. Basically just piddle it away. But spend that much at one time - OMG - no way.

I've tried to reason with him - but nope - not getting through. LOL

I slept on one at my sister's house and it was very comfy.
Clem, this was the 2 inch one made by LinenSpa. Just one night has already done wonders for my shoulder pain. Our bed has a 20 year guarantee and is on its 21st year. It's still perfectly sound but feels hard to me now. DH loves a hard bed (he does not have arthritis), so the topper is just on my side.
Mackie