Daily Check in Oct 16, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Oct 16, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

I went to bed about 9 AM and got up with the 5 AM alarm. Laundry is going and in my head I am working out how to approach a bit of a riddle for work.

It is cool this morning. I turned my AC off. We are not supposed to get much above 65 F today. I had the AC on because I don't sleep well when it is warm in the room and between my allergies and the busy parking lot outside my windows, leaving windows open overnight is not a good option.

Last night I bought my self a single ticket to see Hamilton when it come in January. I thought about getting tickets for DDIL & DS1 to go with me, but I waited too long and there were only single seats left. DS2 saw it a couple of years ago with a student ticket.

Tomorrow is the last of the DGSs' baseball games I will be able to see. They play at the same time and at opposite ends of the same park. Their rained-out games from the 3rd were moved to next Sunday, but I have plans to meet up with girlfriends from High School.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Oct 16, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Working on my television computer box as my laptop gives me that error message now even trying to grt into the forum this morning. My keyboard is sticking and I am making mistakes left and right.

Not that much happening today. I will be making the "cabbage buns" as we used to call them, doing another page or two of Bible study homework, phoning my brother, and hopefully fitting some extra cleaning in as well as sewing. Or if not sewing some more work on the scarf as I would like to start the knitted blanket.

I have found a neat idea to make a knitted blanket for youngest DS with a cat theme. Now just to figure out colours. So tempted to do it in black and white the colour of his cat, but he likes purple. Oh well I am sure he would love which ever.

Frugal happenings will be me sending in my grocery scan for more points, going to pick up the prescriptions after as I will scan those as next weeks purchases. If Hubby does not eat the remaining Turkey Tetrazzini for lunch I will. Got to keep that fridge cleaned out.

I have been using up partial thread spools on the quilt and think I have pretty much come to the end of them. It certainly helps clean out my thread holder, but I will probably w\end up buying more the next stock up shop I do.

Hubby will be taking the garbage from the yard to the free entry to the dump. It is amazing how much crap gets under our raised deck. By taking it this weekend he will save $20.00 a load... nothing to sneeze at.

Supper tonight will be some of the cabbage buns. I will be back to my planned menus tomorrow.

Today I am grateful that the temperature is going up and my walk this morning should be lovely.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I must also remember to phone youngest DS today as it is his birthday... Tomorrow is oldest DS's turn as it will be his birthday.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Wow Jackie- lots of family birthdays! October must have been a very busy month for you when your sons were young.

It’s cloudy again today, still quite mild but we ended up turning on the heat for a bit just to keep the house cozy. Neither Dh nor I do well with a cold house so it’s a price we’re willing to pay.

My third load and last load of laundry is in the washer right now. I have already made up our bed with fresh sheets and put out clean towels for a refresh. The kitchen has clean tea towels and dish cloth as well.

Does anyone have a food white flour bread maker recipe? If so please post in the recipe file. I have a good friend who has Crohn’s disease and can’t tolerate whole wheat and she has a diabetic hubby. I wanted to bake something they could both enjoy. I tried a recipe that called for milk and butter. While it tastes pretty good, it didn’t rise like it should have so I will try again.

Dh and I are leaving shortly for a walk around a man made lake.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

I didn't sleep as late today. Got up at 9.

It is a nice chilly morning - sunny too. My plans for today are to go to the church turkey plate sale. MMmm

They do drive thru sale thing. They used to have it inside the hall but not these last couple of years cuz of you know what.

Everyone is enjoying this cooler weather.

My other browser is still showing that message.

Have a great day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I went to bed last night before 9 pm. I woke up about 6:30 am. I emptied my giveaway bin first thing this morning.

I made Pillsbury cinnamon rolls this morning. I don’t buy them often but I needed to replace the little cup that comes with the frosting. I use it when I do my meds. It is easier to pour the meds into the larger cup rather then the small shallow cap.

I have the sheets from when I changed my bed in the washer they should be ready to transfer soon. I then have a towel wash to do.

Penny