Daily Check In October 17, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In October 17, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

jckitty wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:25 pm Update:

Happy birthday Sheila.
ICFrugal, sounds like your sister in law is keeping MIL alive for herself...how sad. But we don't know what we would do in that situation.

I am thawing the makings for meatloaf tomorrow and just sent the last of the sheet pan chicken and veggies home with DD.

Tomorrow the SUV has an oil change appointment.
I have made some dog food and done the usual house chores for a Sunday.
DD came and got my big mower and finally mowed her yard, too tall and too thick and it bogged down the mower just as I told her it would. I am NOT happy with the way she does things...can you tell??? :lol: I told her to mow again either Tues or Weds after work. I also told her to mow in a different pattern.
I have put her on notice to mow every week whether she is "feeling" it or NOT!!! Like I told her I do a lot of things whether I am feeling it or not...things have to be done.
I also let her know I do not want my mower abused like that any more.
She is so used to having her now ex-husband do everything for her that she can't seem to get it together.
I despair to think what she would do if she didn't have "mama" to call to rescue her. OK, I'm done LOL

Need to complete my to-do list for tomorrow.
DD1 just texted and said they found a leak in their aquarium :( water on the floor but at least it is fixable.

JCKitty
Can she just hire someone to do the mowing? I am not a yard person and if the COD did not insist on doing it himself, would gladly pay.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Clem,
truthfully she cannot afford to pay someone...I wish she could LOL!
I don't want to sound gritchy about it but she has an easy yard to mow if she would just do it when it needs it. It's flat and mowing with some weed eating is all she needs to do..there are no flower beds to keep weeded. No food garden...just mow and be done with it.
This is the biggest reason I get to thinking that dad's house is not for her. I truly believe some people are not meant to be homeowners they should be renters.
Plus there are times she just doesn't think things thru...but then I am one to overthink stuff...who knows which is the best way...I sure don't.

JCKitty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:14 pm
Your birthday is today?????? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:34 pm Your birthday is today?????? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
Trees, I appreciate the happy birthday wishes! DD made sure I had a great day - it was a cozy, rainy day at home which I LOVE - as well as I got cards in the mail on Friday and Saturday from a friend and DS and his wife.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

jckitty wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:25 pm Update:

Happy birthday Sheila.
ICFrugal, sounds like your sister in law is keeping MIL alive for herself...how sad. But we don't know what we would do in that situation.

I am thawing the makings for meatloaf tomorrow and just sent the last of the sheet pan chicken and veggies home with DD.

Tomorrow the SUV has an oil change appointment.
I have made some dog food and done the usual house chores for a Sunday.
DD came and got my big mower and finally mowed her yard, too tall and too thick and it bogged down the mower just as I told her it would. I am NOT happy with the way she does things...can you tell??? :lol: I told her to mow again either Tues or Weds after work. I also told her to mow in a different pattern.
I have put her on notice to mow every week whether she is "feeling" it or NOT!!! Like I told her I do a lot of things whether I am feeling it or not...things have to be done.
I also let her know I do not want my mower abused like that any more.
She is so used to having her now ex-husband do everything for her that she can't seem to get it together.
I despair to think what she would do if she didn't have "mama" to call to rescue her. OK, I'm done LOL

Need to complete my to-do list for tomorrow.
DD1 just texted and said they found a leak in their aquarium :( water on the floor but at least it is fixable.

JCKitty
"""ICFrugal, sounds like your sister in law is keeping MIL alive for herself...how sad. But we don't know what we would do in that situation.""""

Kitty, I kind of feel like that myself, but it's not my place to say.

I was so angry when my mother died 19 years ago, it was a different thing though because my mother had cancer and there was nothing to be done.

There are so many unresolved things with the family, lots of child neglect etc, but way too late to fix things.

It's going to be a MESS when she does die, on so many levels.

IC