Daily Check In October 17, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check In October 17, 2021

Post by icfrugal1 »

Hi, last week was a long week.

My bday is tomorrow 71!!! I don't feel whatever 71 feels like LOL

Last week I ran over DH's walker, so I had to pay a $240.00 "stupid tax :roll: :roll: DH likes the new walker at least.

I forgot to put the old one in the car, I have forgotten before, but not run over it. The guy at the medical place said that it happens all of the time.

I told DH that he is responsible to make sure that I put it in the car, hopefully, between the both of us it won't happen again.

sadly, I'm realizing that the inground pool does have a leak somewhere, last Feb it was looked at and we thought that the problem was solved.

I'll be calling the leak people sometime next week.

AAAAAAUUUUG

Going to MIL's today, we go about 3-4 times a week.

SIL is keeping her alive, Hospice can't believe it, shows what care can do, but...there is NO quality of life that I can see, being fed with an "eyedropper" can't turn herself or feed herself, can't sit up, etc, even with the hospital bed. bedsores everywhere (NOT for lack of care) the wound nurse says that some of the bedsores are coming from the inside out (?????)

MIL,I don't think, is in her own mind, but she isn't ready to go.

IC

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

icfrugal1 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:56 pm Hi, last week was a long week.

IC
Happy 71st.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Last week I ran over DH's walker, so I had to pay a $240.00 "stupid tax :roll: :roll: DH likes the new walker at least.

I forgot to put the old one in the car, I have forgotten before, but not run over it. The guy at the medical place said that it happens all of the time.

I told DH that he is responsible to make sure that I put it in the car, hopefully, between the both of us it won't happen again.

sadly, I'm realizing that the inground pool does have a leak somewhere, last Feb it was looked at and we thought that the problem was solved.

AAAAAAUUUUG

SIL is keeping her alive, Hospice can't believe it, shows what care can do, but...there is NO quality of life that I can see, being fed with an "eyedropper" can't turn herself or feed herself, can't sit up, etc, even with the hospital bed. bedsores everywhere (NOT for lack of care) the wound nurse says that some of the bedsores are coming from the inside out (?????)

IC

Happy Birthday for tomorrow in case I don't get on here!
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

AAAAAAUUUUG

Happy Birthday to You, IC! My birthday is today and I sure don't feel my age *58* either - so hard to believe. DD and her SO have gone to pick up dinner - their treat - and I am hungry, so rather excited to find out what my birthday treats will be.

Enjoy your day tomorrow!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Happy birthday Sheila.
ICFrugal, sounds like your sister in law is keeping MIL alive for herself...how sad. But we don't know what we would do in that situation.

I am thawing the makings for meatloaf tomorrow and just sent the last of the sheet pan chicken and veggies home with DD.

Tomorrow the SUV has an oil change appointment.
I have made some dog food and done the usual house chores for a Sunday.
DD came and got my big mower and finally mowed her yard, too tall and too thick and it bogged down the mower just as I told her it would. I am NOT happy with the way she does things...can you tell??? :lol: I told her to mow again either Tues or Weds after work. I also told her to mow in a different pattern.
I have put her on notice to mow every week whether she is "feeling" it or NOT!!! Like I told her I do a lot of things whether I am feeling it or not...things have to be done.
I also let her know I do not want my mower abused like that any more.
She is so used to having her now ex-husband do everything for her that she can't seem to get it together.
I despair to think what she would do if she didn't have "mama" to call to rescue her. OK, I'm done LOL

Need to complete my to-do list for tomorrow.
DD1 just texted and said they found a leak in their aquarium :( water on the floor but at least it is fixable.

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Has been a nice sunny cool day.

I've done more than expected. It is weird that Sunday - a day of rest - is when I do more house work!

Mopping, washing dishes, cleaning the fridge, sweeping and mopping cat room. Organizing..woah

Also outside stuff. I am moving my veggie garden to the back yard. So taking down my "raised beds". Will just give them away. They are easy to put together basically edging. No tools needed.

I'm going back to just in the ground tomatoes.