Daily Check In October 17, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In October 17, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off. Back soon coffee in hand.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In October 17, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

A bit warmer today so my morning walk before Mass should be just lovely. I guess we are going to the later one today.

Yard pretty well finished and cleaned up. I have two pots left on the deck which contain Mandeville vines. Those things are hardy. I am actually thinking of taking some cuttings and trying to root them over the winter.... Hmmm, wonder how Hubby will like more greenery in the house???? The larger ones are not inexpensive and around here with only 3 months growing time bit is necessary for many things.

As pretty much all baking and cooking ahead for the freezer is now down, I plan on working on oldest DS's quilt once again. I should be at the sandwich stage by the Wednesday and then the quilting and binding can begin. Hopefully done by the end of the week. Then I can perhaps go back to working on my own quilt for a bit.

The scarf may take awhile yet as my knitting fingers were not moving very quickly lately. Hopefully done soon so that Christmas knitting projects can be started. I have almost finished the orphan ball of grey, and will add the leftover ball to it. Should reach that point tonight.

I found a free pattern for a cat dishcloth and I figure I just might be able to adapt it into a knitted blanket for youngest son. I also found a pattern for applique which just might be suitable for a quilt.... Keeping your generous offer in mind Penney.

No real household chores to accomplish today, other than making my next weeks to do list, and on my to do list for today is finish homework for Bible study. I need to finish early so I can work on what I say as leader for the next session. Not the best at public speaking so things need to be written down and in the proper order.

Frugally there will be no money spent, and I will continue on the use up the leftovers campaign. Drapes will be left open to let in the sun and heat. Then if it gets too warm we will open a window or two.

I will also be phoning oldest DS to wish him a happy birthday at some point today. Hard to believe that the youngest turned 40 yesterday at 1:20 in the morning and the oldest turns 45 today at 3:20 in the afternoon. Not only did the boys arrive almost 5 years to the day apart, but both arrived at 20 minutes past the hour. In fact our daughter arrived at 12:20 am on September 19th. Must have had a fixation on 20. LOL.

Supper tonight is going to be roast beef, along with roast carrots and the remains of the turnip roasted as well. I think I may try and make a mousse type dessert. We will see how hot the kitchen gets.

Today I am grateful that we are having a respite from the cold and dreary over the last few days.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Well, it's finally cooled down here today with temps predicted to be in the 60s now, but the warmer temps we had last week were certainly pleasant.

Had two really busy days and with losing several hours between traveling to and from the dentist. I did finally manage to donate all the stuff I had placed in the trunk of my car to Good Will. I took a few minutes to walk into the store and was surprised at really how empty the home goods/video/book sections were. I guess they really did a job at emptying out a lot of those items.

I've already done my exercising, my Spanish lesson and re-organized the freezer. I've also upped the freezer temp a bit because there's way, way too much food needed to be kept in it and again I'm getting complaints, there isn't enough room. If we didn't have to live on two separate diets and could eat much of the same foods, it wouldn't be, but I have my digestive/weight issues and she has her IBS to deal with so there isn't much that we can share.

I want to start working on my meal plan for next month and have a coloring page that I'm almost finished with. I want to finish it at home because I'm on the last 6 leafs and am having some difficulty finding color combinations for them.

Well going to go for now. Enjoy the day.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I've been to Mass, got my coffee and now at home. I do want to make a "quick" Sam's trip. I want body soap and Dishwasher detergent. Today or tomorrow I also need to hit the grocery.

I ended up at Mom and Dad's for dinner. DS2 was there. Apparently he and his buddy bought tickets to see university of Cincinnati's football game but Buddy was unable to make it. So DS invited his Grandpa, an Alum. I am sure Dad was thrilled.

We cooled down here too. It was 38 when I left for Church. Almost 2 hours later it has raised 10 degrees. Both DGSs play baseball at 3:00 PM.

My efforts watching what I eat are showing up on the scale. Yipee!

Have a great day,
Maggie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning all,

Dogs let me sleep until a few minutes after 8:00 - wonderful!! It is chilly and breezy this morning but the sun is peeking through. I still have the windows open but an wearing my fleece pajamas and terrycloth robe and fuzzy socks and slippers.

Dogs have been out a couple times and are back to bed. I have done a few surveys on MTurk - got to get those gift card rewards up for the Christmas shopping.

Starting to feel hungry so off to forage for my late breakfast. Have a good Sunday everyone!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up about 6:30 this morning. My apartment was 71º, the out side temperature at the airport was 48º.

Breakfast was oatmeal with blueberries.

I read the paper online. I want to cut out the Giraffe this morning, but I also want to trace the two dog patterns.

I want to sew again. But I have sewn up all the easy items I have cut out.

I got a tool yesterday that should make turning right side out easier for some toys.

Penny