Daily Check In October 18, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In October 18, 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:52 pm I also sincerely hope HB's recovery goes well. He deals with a great deal of pain on a daily basis anyhow, and it's going to be more pain on top of that.

Sheila, your trip to Tractor Supply sounds like my shopping orders with Chewy. The two cats are both on a special food, although we did finally get the dogs all on the same food (an expensive food). And they are addicted to dental chews.

On a side note, I have just tried Chobani yogurt for the second time (got it with a coupon) and have thrown it away for the second time. The first time I thought it had been in the office fridge too long. This time, I bought it Saturday and it smells like a wet, dirty dog. It's not ruined: it just stinks! I did try one small bite this time and it didn't taste as bad as it smells, but it doesn't taste good. Boy, does it not taste good. Yick!
Mackie, I am happy to hear HB came through the surgery well!!

My dogs are both on a high protein "weight maintenance" food. My beagle basset mix needed to lose 17-ish pounds - she has dropped about 4 with a lot of extra exercise and restricted treats (and LOT of begging and whining). The Vet said that the food won't hurt my lab at all - so thank goodness they can eat the same thing and they both like it a lot - but it is EXPEN$IVE. I did get it on sale today - $8 off the regular price.

The cats eat whatever cheap crap I can find that I mix with canned food so they will consume it. Funny how homeless cats can be so picky! Speaking of - we got a good start on their winter shelters but that project needs to be finished up one evening this coming week. UGH.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In October 18, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

We have one old cat who needs to gain weight and a young cat who needs to lose weight, with a diet for each of their needs. If we could lipo some fat out of her and give it to him, they'd be just right. :-D

The dogs have become horrible about begging for dental treats. I used to get them Oinkies pork hide rolls to chew on, but that caused too many fights. Now they whine constantly for the treats, which have done a great job on their teeth, but there must be doggie crack in those things because they have become totally addicted little fiends.
Mackie