Daily Check In October 18, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In October 18, 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:43 am I am glad that you got to share your birthday with those you care about. The meal sounds wonderful.
Thank you, Jackie. The leftovers are going to be wonderful too! They got enough food for an army. I hope you are feeling better from your "wrong sleep position" - that is an awful feeling.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Got up very early, 3:15A and managed to do my exercising before 5:00A today.

I have my Monday Chat coming up shortly with friends from my hospital group and then my coloring group meets at 1:00P. I spent some time creating color combinations for the picture I'm starting today, a gingerbread house. I finished the page I started at my group a couple of weeks ago at home because it took a lot of time to find the right color combos for a wreath of autumn leaves. As I went on, the leave combos began to look more natural. If you look at it in the sunlight, it's gorgeous.

Have a haircut coming up on Wednesday. The two months go awfully fast. Will be making my December appointment while I'm there as well as she gets very busy around the holidays.

Well my group talk is going to be starting shortly so I'm on my way.

Have a great day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

First thing this morning I mailed both ballots. Well I did shower, dress, and have breakfast first.

It was cold this morning. I had to wear my sweater while I went out to mail my ballots. There were 2 because my state legislative district had a run off to replace my representative who resigned. He took a job teaching at San Antonio College.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, ladies. I am finally getting a coffee break. This morning I did the usual office chores and then put up a curtain in my lovely boss's office and hemmed it. It's from Goodwill, one of those blue Martha Stewart twin flat sheets still in the package that I scored a while back, but it will do to keep the sun out of his eyes.

Ever since the slant of light in the afternoon began changing, it's been impossible for him to work in front of the bare window in his office. We put in a work request for blinds in his office, and it was marked as completed without anything ever being done, which is typical around here.

Homeless Buddy is in surgery this morning and will be all day. One of the nurses called me to let me know things were going well. I asked them to call when it was over. He will be in the ICU for several days, in the hospital for some time afterward and then off to residential rehab. I expect to hear a lot of complaining. :-D

DS went out and got pizza for us for dinner last night because the change in weather had my knees aching and I did not feel up to standing that long to cook dinner. I had also trimmed two bushes in front of the house and repeatedly tripped on the rock border, which didn't help matters at all.

It's quite chilly today. I wore a winter cardigan and closed leather shoes today, instead of the fisherman's sandals I usually wear.

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Mackie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:02 am Good morning, ladies. I am finally getting a coffee break. This morning I did the usual office chores and then put up a curtain in my lovely boss's office and hemmed it. It's from Goodwill, one of those blue Martha Stewart twin flat sheets still in the package that I scored a while back, but it will do to keep the sun out of his eyes.

Ever since the slant of light in the afternoon began changing, it's been impossible for him to work in front of the bare window in his office. We put in a work request for blinds in his office, and it was marked as completed without anything ever being done, which is typical around here.

Homeless Buddy is in surgery this morning and will be all day. One of the nurses called me to let me know things were going well. I asked them to call when it was over. He will be in the ICU for several days, in the hospital for some time afterward and then off to residential rehab. I expect to hear a lot of complaining. :-D

DS went out and got pizza for us for dinner last night because the change in weather had my knees aching and I did not feel up to standing that long to cook dinner. I had also trimmed two bushes in front of the house and repeatedly tripped on the rock border, which didn't help matters at all.

It's quite chilly today. I wore a winter cardigan and closed leather shoes today, instead of the fisherman's sandals I usually wear.

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Mackie..saying prayers for HB.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:37 am Good morning, Maggie, Jackie and everyone. I go back to work tomorrow and am dreading it. My time off went SO FAST - it's rather depressing. Ah well, I had a very nice birthday yesterday - DD and her SO got food from my favorite restaurant in the world - Indian food, all vegetarian, and a lovely cake. We stuffed ourselves last night and I will admit to a bit of gluttony.

It is sunny and windy this morning, and on the chilly side. Coffee is going down easily. I have had the dogs out and fed the outdoor cats. Plan for the day is to basically take it easy and prepare for tomorrow as much as I possibly can.

I hope you all have a Magnificent Monday!
So glad you had a nice birthday! DH and I love Indian food too.