Daily Check In October 18, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In October 18, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Slept in, off to get coffee, back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In October 18, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I have been to the grocery, ran my vacuum while I was gone and put my sheets in the wash. Now I need to turn my mattress. I made an appointment to donate blood tomorrow afternoon.

I pan to cook up some meatloaf. I have a tendency to over eat it, so I will make individual sized meatballs.

And nope, my foot is not ready for a long walk yet. Sigh.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I slept hard and long last night and could barely roll out of bed this morning. In fact "roll out of bed" is not a euphemism for me today, I actually did roll out of bed. There was something wrong with the way I slept. I am a side sleeper (usually curled in a ball) and when I woke this morning I was flat on my back, so I knew there would be a problem. Stiff, sore, and hobbling as fast as I could to the bathroom seems to have helped along with the first cup of coffee. Now on my second cup, and have even struggled downstairs to sort and start laundry so things are loosening up.

It will be the usual Monday to do list with something taken off the extra cleaning list as well. I think today will be the metal, wood, and plastic joins between the different rooms and flooring types. Perhaps I might even manage to get the baseboards half done (thought only at this point in time).

It turns out that DS's quilt will not be as big as I had hoped. I may do something a bit different to add some length to it as it is perfect width wise. As I am working on it I am thinking of how it will be quilted and I think I just might have an idea using both my machine and in a small portion hand quilting.

I did not get as far on the scarf last night as I had planned. I started to feel kind of blah so got the pj's on early, picked up my book and snuggled into bed to read for a short while.

Frugal happenings today are pretty much the usual. It is too cold to have things dry outside properly so my downstairs lines will be in use for as many loads as possible. I did not bake bread yesterday so will do so today. Looking through my yarn stash to see if I have enough yarn to knit youngest DS's blanket (I know I have some black and white yarn, just may not have enough of each colour), and taking my usual walks when it warms a bit.

Best frugal happening though will be another day of no spending.

Supper tonight is going to be Chicken Legs with the Back attached, creamed potatoes, and probably the remains of the salad from last night.

Today I am grateful that my first post of the day went through without the annoying error message. I am hoping this one does the same.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Maggie, Jackie and everyone. I go back to work tomorrow and am dreading it. My time off went SO FAST - it's rather depressing. Ah well, I had a very nice birthday yesterday - DD and her SO got food from my favorite restaurant in the world - Indian food, all vegetarian, and a lovely cake. We stuffed ourselves last night and I will admit to a bit of gluttony.

It is sunny and windy this morning, and on the chilly side. Coffee is going down easily. I have had the dogs out and fed the outdoor cats. Plan for the day is to basically take it easy and prepare for tomorrow as much as I possibly can.

I hope you all have a Magnificent Monday!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:37 am Good morning, Maggie, Jackie and everyone. I go back to work tomorrow and am dreading it. My time off went SO FAST - it's rather depressing. Ah well, I had a very nice birthday yesterday - DD and her SO got food from my favorite restaurant in the world - Indian food, all vegetarian, and a lovely cake. We stuffed ourselves last night and I will admit to a bit of gluttony.

It is sunny and windy this morning, and on the chilly side. Coffee is going down easily. I have had the dogs out and fed the outdoor cats. Plan for the day is to basically take it easy and prepare for tomorrow as much as I possibly can.

I hope you all have a Magnificent Monday!
I am glad that you got to share your birthday with those you care about. The meal sounds wonderful.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Seems like the last Window's update has fixed any problems I have had with my computer and the forum. So far things seem to be working properly after. Either the updates fixed it or Aaron did his magic.... Which ever I am just happy and hope this sticks around.
Jackie