Daily Check In October 18, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In October 18, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Laundry day...and there is a LOT!

October is speeding by. I didn't get the garden stuff done yesterday because of rain..so that is back on my to do list.
There is an Aldi about 50 minutes from me and I have to go that way, so hoping to go there today. Food prices here are really going up so I will see how far my money goes there.

DS and DDIL gave us a robo vac as a Christmas gift last year. I have to say...that little thing runs around here on a mission...and does a really good job. I have to still vac....deep clean....but it really does a great job on the day to day stuff.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I have been up and have the robo-vac going. Need to mix my meatloaf up and let the flavors blend. I also need to clean and cook the butternut squash.
Tonight's menu is meatloaf, homemade rice-a roni , squash and slaw. Trying to think ahead of time and use stuff I have on hand.
I might make another loaf of bread as it is getting low.
I really wanted to get my hair appointment made for this week but they are closed on Monday's. Hopefully first thing tomorrow. My hair dresser said I could text her but she has a newer baby and I really don't want to disturb her on her day off.
They have picked up the SUV for the oil change and will call before they bring it back.

First thing this morning the renter/friend called and announced "we have a problem" :roll: turns out she needs a copy of the electric bill...for her benefits....So no...we don't have a problem, she does. She seems to like to excite me. I have it ready for her to pick up. She is so dramatic. She is upset because they asked for info and it takes time out of her day for her to provide it so SHE can get benefits....weird.

Off to clean the squash and get this day started...again.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:45 am Update

Seems like the last Window's update has fixed any problems I have had with my computer and the forum. So far things seem to be working properly after. Either the updates fixed it or Aaron did his magic.... Which ever I am just happy and hope this sticks around.
I still have to use a different browser - wah
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Slept in again or tried to. And I slept crooked or something. And I have a sore throat. I like the weather but changes always or usually brings on sinus stuff.

Not feeling any get up and go today. Even though I slept in - I was up every few hours. Senior dog barking and needing to eat. He has strange eating times.

The dogs here with me like to look out the window and go nuts when the raccoon is on the porch eating. The COD feeds them.

So I will be all cranky all day - lol

Have a good one.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Well, I just heard great news from the hospital: Homeless Buddy is out of surgery and did great. It turned out they did a double bypass instead of a triple, so one of his own cardiac arteries was still in good shape. His left carotid artery was also cleaned out. This all went so fast that I wonder if the two surgeons worked on him simultaneously.

The heart surgeon said he could not be more pleased about how things went and they hope to have HB off the breathing machine in a day.

Prayer works, my friends.
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Praise God that is wonderful news Mackie!!!
I will continue to pray for a speedy recovery.
JCKitty