Daily Check In October 18, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In October 18, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:16 pm Well, I just heard great news from the hospital: Homeless Buddy is out of surgery and did great. It turned out they did a double bypass instead of a triple, so one of his own cardiac arteries was still in good shape. His left carotid artery was also cleaned out. This all went so fast that I wonder if the two surgeons worked on him simultaneously.

The heart surgeon said he could not be more pleased about how things went and they hope to have HB off the breathing machine in a day.

Prayer works, my friends.
Awesome news.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good afternoon, friends. The day is flying by. I did a run to Tractor Supply for cat food and dog food and 2 new dog beds (old ones have been cut into pieces and used to line upside-down boxes for stray cats in the garage and shed - they were not in good shape anymore so was glad to have a new use for them).

Total was $131.47 with my $10 off birthday coupon and my 10% discount - yikes!! But we are stocked up on critter food for a good couple of months.

Went to the consignment shop - got a pair of dress slacks, a sweater and three cute "doilies" for the night stands and table in my bedroom - paid ZERO because I had store credit. Can't beat that with a stick.

Breakfast was leftover birthday cake, lunch was leftover Indian food - supper will be lentil tacos. After the dogs go out again, it will be movie time for me!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Squash cleaned and cooked...will scoop it out of the shell when cooled.
Meatloaf mixed, settled and in the cooker. Rice a roni mixed, ready for cooking.
I have a loaf of honey oatmeal bread mixing for baking .

I need to sweep the stairs here in a bit...waiting to hear from the oil change place as to when it will be returned. They are going to rotate tires if needed.

I don't know why but today i am feeling a little unsettled and anxious...I feel like I am behind in something but don't know what if that makes any sense at all.

They just called, SUV will be home soon.
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I also sincerely hope HB's recovery goes well. He deals with a great deal of pain on a daily basis anyhow, and it's going to be more pain on top of that.

Sheila, your trip to Tractor Supply sounds like my shopping orders with Chewy. The two cats are both on a special food, although we did finally get the dogs all on the same food (an expensive food). And they are addicted to dental chews.

On a side note, I have just tried Chobani yogurt for the second time (got it with a coupon) and have thrown it away for the second time. The first time I thought it had been in the office fridge too long. This time, I bought it Saturday and it smells like a wet, dirty dog. It's not ruined: it just stinks! I did try one small bite this time and it didn't taste as bad as it smells, but it doesn't taste good. Boy, does it not taste good. Yick!
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I saw Mackie’s good news about HB and thought I’d pop in to say that is such great news. I hope that this gives him a new lease on life.

Add me to the list of those getting the message that prevents access to the forum. I’m using Safari on the iPad. Funny that Safari on the phone is OK.

This is our first day with beautiful, cool weather. I’ve been at mom’s house most of the day. The bougainvillea was totally out of control and I didn’t realize it. My path to the back corner of the yard was mostly blocked. I cut a lot but still have more to do.

This morning I picked up the museum pass for later this week. It covers two people. Three of us are going and I told my other friend to check with the library near her apartment. She is not at all frugal (and I wasn’t even sure if she had a library card) but she was interested and went to her library. She has a much higher income than I have but I think realizes that inflation is going to impact our pensions quite a bit. She also jumped on the .99 Showtime when I told her about it.

Well, that’s all for now. I’m waiting for a phone call.

Have a good day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:16 pm Well, I just heard great news from the hospital: Homeless Buddy is out of surgery and did great. It turned out they did a double bypass instead of a triple, so one of his own cardiac arteries was still in good shape. His left carotid artery was also cleaned out. This all went so fast that I wonder if the two surgeons worked on him simultaneously.

The heart surgeon said he could not be more pleased about how things went and they hope to have HB off the breathing machine in a day.

Prayer works, my friends.
Thanks for the update, Mackie.