Daily Check In October 19, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check In October 19, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
I got woken up at too early o'clock this AM (7:30)...but it was okay. It was my hair dresser and she had a cancelation today at 9:45 and yes I took it! I have been, hair done and home with in 2 hours.
I feel so much better. She did some highlights and cut at least 5 inches off . My hair is thick, but baby fine in texture and grows out fast ...to a certain point and then it just looks awful unless I just keep growing it out and keep it pulled back. I like it better shorter these days. The older I get the thinner my face looks and I just don't like myself with long hair anymore.

I am tired though, not used to getting up that early, I am like Clem, stay up too late. I will take a nap and hopefully that will help.
I have laundry done and hung outside, floors are done. Tenderloins, fries and slaw for supper.

The sun is shining and it is chilly outside, might go blow leaves for a bit.
Logics, get rid of the old TV and get a 50 inch...you won't be sorry.

JCKitty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

What another beautiful fall day! I did about an hour and a half of yard work this morning and then came inside and boiled a pork shoulder bone and made a huge pot of pea soup. By the time I had washed up my food processor and added the shredded carrots and potatoes to the soup, it was time to get lunch ready for Dh and I. Sometimes I think I spend an enormous amount of time preparing food from scratch. I had checked my email accounts and then the morning was gone!

This afternoon I went for a 7.5 km walk and drank in all that lovely sunshine. Then Dh wanted me to help measure the panes of glass in our living room as one section seems to have lost its seal. It had to be measured to the nearest mm so not exactly an easy task. You know what they say about measuring twice and cutting once.

Off with Dh now to run a few errands!
Creative
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes.

I had the best day ever !!! :D

I took a day off from driving anywhere, just at home.

The plumber was going to come between 10-12 came closer to 2 pm, but that was ok, I was kept "in the loop" and I wasn't going anywhere anyway.

4 b=day cards.

lots of phone calls.

DH said that it was good that I was at home.

It's amazing how many people call and start talking, (happy b-day wishes) and don't say who they are.

I was talking to one guy for about 10 minutes before I figured out who it was, a happy b-day surprise.

Thank all of you again, I love this forum.

IC

Back to life as normal, Dr appt for DH today, the more running around. Oh well :roll: :roll:
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Mackie..such good news about HB's surgery!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Diddly squat.... thats how much I feel like I have gotten done today LOL.
I did get a much needed nap and felt so much better after some sleep.

I have fixed supper, breaded tenderloins, fries in the toaster oven and slaw. Told DD what was on the menu and she will be here later to get some.
I thought I had burger buns in the freezer, turned out to be hot dog buns but work just fine. I am trying to eat what is in the freezers and cabinets because it needs cleared out. I have some broccoli stems that i need to make into broccoli-cheese soup at some point.
Tomorrow is a stay home and get something done day. I did thaw some liver to make dog food...He only gets liver once in a while because it is so rich.

JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

chocolite wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:16 am Good early morning, y'all. I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd start us off. I've missed a couple days. Sheila, Happy Belated Birthday to you. Your Indian meal sounded wonderful. Mackie, that's wonderful news about HB. I sure hope his recovery goes as well as his surgery did.

I made my meatloaf dinner and took it to Shannon's family. I met both her kids. Her DS is 17, very tall and good looking, built like the football player he is. He was very polite and thanked me more than once for the food. Her DD is 15, petite with a slight build. She looked down mostly and kept her left arm across her stomach. Something about that vulnerable posture just struck me and I cried all the way home. I remember how hard age 15 was, and knowing that her mom isn't there for her just breaks my heart. Anyway, I hope they enjoyed the food and snacks I took them. I just wish there were more I could do.

I am exhausted from the cooking/baking I did, but I can rest up some today. I could barely move last night. I told DH it wasn't that long ago when I would've been able to make everything I did with no trouble at all. My how things change... Anyway, I have an appointment this afternoon with the NP at my pain clinic. She had asked me about getting a nerve conduction study done. If she still thinks it's a good idea I'm going to tell her to go ahead. I sure wish I could figure out something -- anything -- to help with the numbness/balance issues.

I had new handrails installed yesterday in our garage for the four steps up to the kitchen door. The rails that were there when we moved in were way too short - they only covered the top two steps - and they were a bit too short. I have lived with them all these years, but with my current issues I really need them to be right to help me get from the garage to the house. Now, we have beautiful handrails that are the right length and the right height. DH thought they were too expensive, but all I know is I have needed them for a year now and I was sick of waiting on him to do something about it. After we got the estimate he said, "NO WAY! I can do them for way less than that." I just looked at him and said, "Then do it." He has a small shop bench in our garage and has bought everything you can imagine to outfit it and has yet to do anything constructive with it. Anyway, he thought it over for a day or two then told me to go ahead with getting them installed. I fully intended on doing it anyway, but it was nice to have his "permission." :D

We have leftover meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and Cali style veggies for supper tonight. And brownies. DH was a happy boy last night. He told me twice how good everything was, which made my heart happy. Other than driving to/from the pain clinic, I won't be out any money. Thankfully, my deductible has been met and I won't owe a co-pay.

The weather here has been so glorious. This is my absolute favorite time of the year.

Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday in your corner of the world.
Patty, what you did for that family matters so much - you are a good friend.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz