Daily Check In October 19, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In October 19, 2021

Post by LogicsHere »

Hi all.

Woke up to a VERY chilly apartment as my complex hadn't turned on the heat last night and in trying to warm the place up before my sister woke up, I inadvertently woke her anyway and got the typical backtalk which I'm practicing on how to ignore it.

Have my exercise done, did some work on my coloring page and updated a few pages on my website which I will be going back to do a little bit more. My fall leaf coloring page went over really well and all had told me it came out so good that I should frame and hang it.

I'm still in the middle of a 15-story halloween cozy mystery set on my kindle so will continue to work on finishing that up. I also bought a gift for my niece's son which should be arriving today.

Have been debating getting a new TV, once my sister leaves but I'm conflicted. Much of my time (even now) is spent watching my TV (or I should say formerly my mom's) in the bedroom. My 25" traditional tube TV still works and I usually don't get rid of things like this until they "die". I'm planning on getting new carpeting for the living room so it would be a good time to get rid of the old TV that isn't working that the 25" has been sitting on top of for the last 22 or so years and the 25" inch and finally spend some money on me for a change. As my main sofa will sits almost 15 feet away a 50" would not be overly large. Any thoughts?

Well, going to go for now. Have a wonderful day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Logics

You can get a new TV at a very decent price.

Yes - get rid of the others.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Will also have to get my chewy orders organized.

They need their treats.

They have been out of the usual medium size milk bone treats, so had to buy the mini. They didn't mind.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

LogicsHere wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:24 am Hi all.

Woke up to a VERY chilly apartment as my complex hadn't turned on the heat last night and in trying to warm the place up before my sister woke up, I inadvertently woke her anyway and got the typical backtalk which I'm practicing on how to ignore it.

Have my exercise done, did some work on my coloring page and updated a few pages on my website which I will be going back to do a little bit more. My fall leaf coloring page went over really well and all had told me it came out so good that I should frame and hang it.

I'm still in the middle of a 15-story halloween cozy mystery set on my kindle so will continue to work on finishing that up. I also bought a gift for my niece's son which should be arriving today.

Have been debating getting a new TV, once my sister leaves but I'm conflicted. Much of my time (even now) is spent watching my TV (or I should say formerly my mom's) in the bedroom. My 25" traditional tube TV still works and I usually don't get rid of things like this until they "die". I'm planning on getting new carpeting for the living room so it would be a good time to get rid of the old TV that isn't working that the 25" has been sitting on top of for the last 22 or so years and the 25" inch and finally spend some money on me for a change. As my main sofa will sits almost 15 feet away a 50" would not be overly large. Any thoughts?

Well, going to go for now. Have a wonderful day.
Yes, you deserve it. Treating yourself occasionally is about living a rich life. And is why you are frugal.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Yes, Logics, declutter the dead TV and get something nice you can see easily from the sofa.

I tend to be technology averse and not ready to jump on the latest thing, but smart TVs are cool. Being able to stream content to our TV, which is not lavish by current standards, is still a source of wonder to me.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I was cleaning the kitchen counters after I cooked and thought how peaceful it was without the AC blasting away

And what the heck - 2 seconds later it came on!! And I have it set to 77. The weather is starting to warm up after these nice chilly days. Will be in the 80s again soon.