Daily Check In October 19, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Daily Check In October 19, 2021

Post by chocolite »

Good early morning, y'all. I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd start us off. I've missed a couple days. Sheila, Happy Belated Birthday to you. Your Indian meal sounded wonderful. Mackie, that's wonderful news about HB. I sure hope his recovery goes as well as his surgery did.

I made my meatloaf dinner and took it to Shannon's family. I met both her kids. Her DS is 17, very tall and good looking, built like the football player he is. He was very polite and thanked me more than once for the food. Her DD is 15, petite with a slight build. She looked down mostly and kept her left arm across her stomach. Something about that vulnerable posture just struck me and I cried all the way home. I remember how hard age 15 was, and knowing that her mom isn't there for her just breaks my heart. Anyway, I hope they enjoyed the food and snacks I took them. I just wish there were more I could do.

I am exhausted from the cooking/baking I did, but I can rest up some today. I could barely move last night. I told DH it wasn't that long ago when I would've been able to make everything I did with no trouble at all. My how things change... Anyway, I have an appointment this afternoon with the NP at my pain clinic. She had asked me about getting a nerve conduction study done. If she still thinks it's a good idea I'm going to tell her to go ahead. I sure wish I could figure out something -- anything -- to help with the numbness/balance issues.

I had new handrails installed yesterday in our garage for the four steps up to the kitchen door. The rails that were there when we moved in were way too short - they only covered the top two steps - and they were a bit too short. I have lived with them all these years, but with my current issues I really need them to be right to help me get from the garage to the house. Now, we have beautiful handrails that are the right length and the right height. DH thought they were too expensive, but all I know is I have needed them for a year now and I was sick of waiting on him to do something about it. After we got the estimate he said, "NO WAY! I can do them for way less than that." I just looked at him and said, "Then do it." He has a small shop bench in our garage and has bought everything you can imagine to outfit it and has yet to do anything constructive with it. Anyway, he thought it over for a day or two then told me to go ahead with getting them installed. I fully intended on doing it anyway, but it was nice to have his "permission." :D

We have leftover meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and Cali style veggies for supper tonight. And brownies. DH was a happy boy last night. He told me twice how good everything was, which made my heart happy. Other than driving to/from the pain clinic, I won't be out any money. Thankfully, my deductible has been met and I won't owe a co-pay.

The weather here has been so glorious. This is my absolute favorite time of the year.

Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday in your corner of the world.
Patty
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In October 19, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
Patty, good luck with the study.

It is a nice sunny morning, although 43 deg. F right now. I am not too sure what I am going to do this morning, if anything. I have a blood donation appointment at 1:00. Hopefully out for a bit of a walk. I pinned together one of the bowl cozies to sew but when I finished I realized I forgot a cardinal rule of sew, "right sides together". and had to turn it around.

Have a great day,
Maggie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. So far this morning I've done a couple of office chores and then glued some little wooden blocks to the window frame to hold the curtain rod in place in my boss's office. The whole thing is totally a make-do job, but we didn't spend any money on it. This is not to say that it's a thing of beauty, but it works.

I finally remembered to bring the music CDs bought at Goodwill into the office, where we have an old radio/CD combo. This morning is being enlivened by Mary Chapin Carpenter's excellent "Stones in the Road."

Have not heard from the hospital about Homeless Buddy, and I'm not going to bother them. He's most likely still sedated and if he's not, then they have their hands full with him. They will call me if needed.

Last night I spent $181 on Chewy.com ordering pet food for the whole fur crew and two large boxes of doggie dental chews. The dogs won't leave me alone in the evenings until they get three chews each, and I swear Lily Dog can tell time better than a Swiss watch about when it's time to have them. However, I won't have to think about ordering food for a good while.

Hope you all have a lovely, calm day.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Kind of lost my post as I hit the ad across the bottom by accident and then closed the wrong thing.

I have been up for awhile watching the sun rise, wrapped in a shawl and drinking coffee, now it is time to get moving, in fact probably a bit past time.

The last few days I have not been walking as much and my step count shows it so today I will head out and then when home try and empty the last two flower barrels on the deck as they have finally moved on to flower heaven. I should also cut down the day lilies, and pull the Asiatic Lily stems. Something that will take a bit of time. Hubby usually just cuts them down, but this year I am back to doing them properly.

Frugally I have a small pile of mending to do. I need to hem a pair of pants, hem a dress that I thought would not need hemming (it really does), and sew a couple of seams that are splitting a bit.

I finished the last set of blocks for the quilt and will be adding that and the trim and slashing necessary to finish it off today. Tomorrow I hope to sandwich it and then on Wednesday do a very simple quilting. I should also be finished my scarf tonight and will be happily casting on a new project (the one for oldest DS's friend). I searched my stash yesterday and will actually need to buy some yarn for youngest DS's gift. Not much but a couple of balls of black and the same with the white. That will happen at the end of the month.

This week meal wise is use up as much of the leftover hoard in the fridge freezer. I don't know how Hubby will take that but I need to get it cleared out for my own peace of mind. That means the only thing I will be cooking for awhile is the sides and I am definitely okay with that.

Supper tonight will be the two smoked hamburgers from a couple of Saturdays ago, some homemade fries, and broccoli.

Today I am grateful that the weather is still holding very well. It might be almost freezing, but the sun is shining and that is absolutely wonderful.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have gathered and put out the trash, I put out 3 bags, some of this was from emptying my shredder bin. I always have more trash on Tuesdays than Fridays. Because of the extra day.

I called my dentist as I wasn’t sure if I had given them my new phone number. I hadn’t so I gave it to them. My appointment is at 9 am tomorrow morning.

I am not sure what my plans for the day are, i had thought about baking cookies but forgot to take the butter out of the freezer. So I will be doing that another day.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

I got up at a decent hour today -8:30. Decided I better start going to bed earlier. So turned off the PC and got in bed at 10. With the TV on of course. Didn't sleep undisturbed, but I feel okay. Better than usual.

Still got up a few times during the night. Mostly the pups were not as quiet as usual.

Going to jump in the shower and start my day

Have to go get dry dog food. Can't believe I didn't get it yesterday!

Have a great one.