Daily Check In October 20, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In October 20, 2021

Post by LogicsHere »

Hi all.

Haircut appointment was a bit late as hairdresser ran into traffic. Stopped at the drugstore to pick up a prescription and then went home and had lunch.

Have worked a bit on my web site and think I will read a bit this afternoon. Will catch up on tv a bit tonight.

Other than that a very quiet day.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne jour toute le monde!

I'm still working up my mojo to do some odds and sods around the house. The dishwasher needs to be unloaded (mostly done already) and then loaded and run again. I have all the pots and pans and bowl I used for my Zucchini Soup still needing to be put in and washed. The Zucchini Soup was tasty; it had cashews as a "secret" ingredient. Next time I make it I will use less of the herbs they suggested as they were a bit overpowering.

I might get the garbage driven up the big hill to our garbage dumpsters today. I always moan about this since the caretaker carried on so much over the free bins (they were smaller) that the city picked up, that the building's owner decided to pay a garbage company to put this HUGE bins at the top of the hill of all the apartment buildings. My building is at the bottom of the hill. The bins' lids are over 4 feet up and it's hard to toss a garbage bag in them. Even Angela commented on how miserable it was trying to get a bag of garbage up that high to toss in the bin.

Last night, I got to go see and babysit Dayton and Emmitt. It was LOVELY! We had such a good time. They got some new fidget toys and we played with them for a while and then watched part of our favorite movie, Cool Runnings. We laughed and the kids are so good, they quote dialogue as the movie goes along! Next time I go over, we will watch the end of the movie and probably start something else.They also declared me as "Our babysitter for life!!" That was even nicer. :D

I am trying to determine what to do for Christmas presents this year. I think I'll be baking myself silly. There really is no $$ to spend on anything for anybody. I'll also check my stash of stuff in my "gift" shelf in the linen closet. I find things cheap on sale and, when I can, add them in. I think I can cover a few gifts with some items in there.

I slept well and also slept in longer than usual today but I think I will still squeeze in a nap this afternoon. That will give me some umph for this afternoon.

Tonight's supper is leftover rice and curry. Looking forward to it. I really like curried food. :)

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Not sure that I personally could do fish for breakfast, but I see how it could be very popular in the South.

I am finally getting a break today. Lots of online meetings plus the usual Wednesday busy-ness, and some awful problems with some of the student rooms we're trying to get straightened out.

Homeless Buddy called this morning. He sounds simply horrible, poor soul, but he's alive, awake, mentally intact, and talking. He's going to be moved from ICU to a room this afternoon, so he must be doing pretty well. His only observation was that he never wants another bypass surgery. I will use that as ammunition if he starts smoking again! :-D

I woke up with a nasty sinus headache this morning, most likely from allergies. We need a good frost to kill ragweed around here but it's not cold enough yet. A giant dose of antihistamines and going back to bed would have been great, but I had too much to do. However, my lunch today was tomato soup with a Swiss cheese sandwich, which was delicious and hit the spot on this chilly day.

Not a lot else. Hope you all have a calm day.
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

I have the broccoli cheese soup made and the liver & rice dog food. Mess cleaned up and I ran the regular floor vacuum...cleaned edges and stairs. I swear my long haired cat is super shedding. I do brush her but have to wonder if it helps at all.

Someone is picking beans down the road from me because I am surrounded with a dust cloud...Mackie I had to take an extra allergy med this AM... lots of dust and ragweed pollen.
That is wonderful news about HB, I am sorry he is in pain but so happy he is on the mend. I hope he has a quick recovery.

MJ, sometimes it seems my mo-jo is not to be found, I try to work thru it but a nap always helps. Glad you had a good time with "the littles".
About Christmas, at this stage of my life I just like to receive cards with a personal greeting or a tele call. I am sure your friends and family know your situation and would be happy to just hear from you and know that you are well.

Tonight's supper is to be broccoli cheese soup and toast. Peanut butter toast....I might make a pie tomorrow, thinking burnt sugar butterscotch. Haven't made it in ages. The problem with pie is they are so big and it takes awhile to eat them. I loose interest...

I will have to dust again tomorrow, crop dust...probably should wait until all the crops are harvested but I am afraid I would have to use a scoop shovel on the table tops.

JCKitty
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

It is almost not worth taking off as the mopping up I have to do is overwhelming. My c=1st shift co-worker is not only pissing off the other shift team members, but someone form the customer's side was a little perturbed too. His manner of communication rubs them the wrong way.

I cooked some brussels in the air fryer and am heating up some meatloaf for my supper.

Have a nice evening,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I actually did more today than I thought I would

Cleaned out more of the fridge. I take all the leftovers out to the back acre for the wildlife. Cleaned the fridge shelves.

Did a load of laundry. I call it my uniforms. Same top in various colors. Same jean shorts in different shades - :mrgreen:

Cleaned the cat room. Swept and mopped.

Feel like I did not waste the day!!! :mrgreen: