Daily Check In October 21, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In October 21, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Thought someone would have started this by now. Off to get coffee after a wonderful sleep.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In October 21, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun is shining, but it is well below freezing today. Still there is no moisture forecast so after Bible study I will cut down the day lilies (should have warmed up a bit by 3 in the afternoon).

I had lots of trouble with the knitting pattern oldest DS chose, and it wasn't a very hard one at all. The lace pattern stitches were simple, it was just that the number of stitches left on the needle wasn't what they said I should have. I must have ripped it back 8 times with the same result. So I went back to my favourite easy lace pattern. I don't think he will mind too much.

This morning I plan on ironing the quilt top, and backing. Then hopefully pinning it all together so I can start quilting tomorrow. May even manage to get to the first stage of binding that same day.... This would mean one Christmas gift down and a couple to go. I finally figured out what to get Hubby, or rather make him. I will probably make him some more pj bottoms and a work apron to carry his tools in. He seems to misplace those aprons every so often.

Other than sandwiching the quilt this day will be like every other Thursday. I will get some needed household tasks completed, work on a few projects both. outside and inside, go to Bible study and lead (something I rather dread, but have prepared to do it), cook meals (or rather pull something out of the fridge freezer to warm up, that's almost cleared out of prepared meals now).

My days are rather run of the mill. Though yesterday afternoon I had a bit of excitement. A squirrel found our bird feeder. Cheeky devil had ripped it apart trying to get at the leftover seed. Mr. (or Mrs.) Squirrel saw me coming up the deck steps and took off lickety split over the roof of the house and up the tree. I had never seen a squirrel move that quickly. Hubby put out a bowl of sunflower seeds hoping to keep it out of the feeder... Seeds gone, feeder left alone, but it was pretty well empty at this point anyway.

Supper tonight is the leftover Baked Spaghetti. I will make a coleslaw to go along with it.

Today I am grateful that so far we have not instituted group size as of yet. I do think that will be coming and Bible study will be put on hold for the third time.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good morning Jackie and all who follow --

I slept, really slept, last night! And I made it all night in the bed. I did wake up about 3:30 and thought about heading to the recliner to finish out the night. But I decided to really try to fall back asleep in bed. And it worked, yay! I feel so much better. Sleep really is restorative.

Our beautiful weather continues. It's 71° right now and the high won't hit 80. For the first time this week I don't have to go anywhere today. I'm trying to wind up my PT as it's putting a huge crimp in my stay-at-home lifestyle. I'm supposed to go to PT tomorrow but I may cancel, not sure yet.

I might make a pot of soup today and a skillet of cornbread to go with it. We like to do "dinner and a movie" every so often and tonight feels like a good night for that. I could pick out a "scary" old movie that DH would sit through with me. :D
Patty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, Jackie. I spent my coffee break looking at sewing patterns from the 1980s on eBay. Those were the days for sewing, when fabric was inexpensive and good and clothes were expensive. It was not all big shoulder pads either. I just loved how feminine met tailored so nicely in those days.

I have not had a lot to do at work this morning (knock on wood) and plan to eat my lunch early at my desk and go visit Homeless Buddy on my real lunch break. He's apparently recovering okay, but is in a lot of pain and is still suffering tremendous anxiety. (That he's going cold turkey off smoking probably is not helping that.)

So glad the week is almost over. If DH has not had a terrible work day, we will be going out for our weekly date night of inexpensive local Mexican food, which I greatly look forward to.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
Cool and overcast today, last night we had a lot of thunder and lightening. I unplugged before bed ...having my house been hit by lightning before, I did not want a repeat. :?
I have absolutely nothing on the books today.

I have plenty of leftovers for eating and no need to cook anything so that's okay with me. I "might" make a pie. It sounded good last night but now not so much.

I have the robo-vac going and will probably wipe down cabinets next...I live a boring life sometimes, the fiance says I live a very sheltered life. :roll: I guess it suits me????

JCKitty
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...

Low 60s here and sunny after a bit of rain this morning.

It's turning out to be a warm October here. Normally we would have had our first frost last week, but it looks like it will hold off till around Halloween. Good for the garden, though I suspect that's why the leaves aren't turning.

Fear there's another doctor's visit in the works. My back is still giving me trouble despite the PT and exercises.

Bought a set of flannel sheets for the material. Want to make throws for the couch and the recliner, and this was less expensive than buying ready-made throws or material by the yard. And I can put it in the washer and dryer ...

Happy belated birthday to everyone I missed last week. Mackie, good thoughts going out to HB for a more-comfortable recovery.

Trying a new chicken recipe for dinner tonight. Need to make that pasta salad, since I have the ingredients.