Daily Check In October 21, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In October 21, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

LWolfT, I made a throw for our living room sofa out of a flannel sheet and some yard sale cotton fabric. It came out really cute and is just the right weight to snuggle under.

I have done well at Goodwill lately and found two still in the package twin sheets, which I buy for the fabric.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:55 am LWolfT, I made a throw for our living room sofa out of a flannel sheet and some yard sale cotton fabric. It came out really cute and is just the right weight to snuggle under.

I have done well at Goodwill lately and found two still in the package twin sheets, which I buy for the fabric.
I am happy to see that I am not the only one that uses sheets for fabric. Mostly mine go towards quilt backing...though I did make Hubby a pair of pj bottoms out of some when he complained about no spring/summer ones.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning almost afternoon

I slept okay. Did get up a couple of times during the night, but made up for that by staying in bed until after ten! All good.

Did a lot yesterday (well for me) so a slow day today will be okay. I do have to go to the store for something, but can't remember what - lol. It will come to me later today.

Nice and sunny outside. It will be a little warm today but nothing too bad.

Not sure what we will have for dinner. Do have to make my weekly tuna salad. Ate the last of it yesterday.

Have a great day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Gulli, the traveling bunny who is visiting me for the next 2 weeks.

I am sorry I can't share photos of his visit. But he FaceTimed with his Mom.

He is here to get a respite from traveling. He spent 55 days traveling to Belgum and then back to the states, as Post office in Belgum never notified his recipent that he was there. So he came straight back.

He watched me knit a distant cousin of his. Then fell asleep. The distant cousin is not quite done.

Today I plan to adjust 3 masks that have too short ear loops. I also have other sewing to do. So he will help me with my sewing.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Homeless Buddy was doing well except for being in pain and having some confusion from having been under general anesthesia and from all the pain and anxiety medication he's on. He has reason to be in pain, as there's not hardly a spot on him that they didn't operate on. His leg veins weren't sufficient, so they went after one in his right arm as well. I've never seen that before.

He is still as stubborn as a mule and got out of bed when he wasn't supposed to while I was there. He's going to wind up with a bed alarm, which will make him very cranky for sure.
Mackie
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:06 am Good morning, Jackie. I spent my coffee break looking at sewing patterns from the 1980s on eBay. Those were the days for sewing, when fabric was inexpensive and good and clothes were expensive. It was not all big shoulder pads either. I just loved how feminine met tailored so nicely in those days.

I have not had a lot to do at work this morning (knock on wood) and plan to eat my lunch early at my desk and go visit Homeless Buddy on my real lunch break. He's apparently recovering okay, but is in a lot of pain and is still suffering tremendous anxiety. (That he's going cold turkey off smoking probably is not helping that.)

So glad the week is almost over. If DH has not had a terrible work day, we will be going out for our weekly date night of inexpensive local Mexican food, which I greatly look forward to.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
My husband was a heavy smoker when he was hospitalized the last time they put a nicotine patch on him as he was having anxiety and violent episodes( he had lung cancer that metastasized to his brain, so it wasn’t just nicotine withdrawals) but maybe you could mention it to his team.