Daily Check In October 21, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In October 21, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

GMPG54 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:26 pm My husband was a heavy smoker when he was hospitalized the last time they put a nicotine patch on him as he was having anxiety and violent episodes( he had lung cancer that metastasized to his brain, so it wasn’t just nicotine withdrawals) but maybe you could mention it to his team.
Thank you for the tip. He often has a nicotine patch in the hospital, but I did not see it on his arm this time.

So sorry about your husband. Both my MIL and FIL died of lung cancer, 47 weeks apart, and it was a dreadful time for both of them.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Bible study was finished earlier once again. Kind of nice.

I can't even get on the forum now on the laptop so am using my phone. Hopefully I don't get kicked off here.

I will now sandwich the quilt as I have time to do that before supper.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good afternoon all,

Busy day, but it was mostly a single task with few interruptions. That makes the day go fast.

I am mulling over what to have for dinner. I am feeling quite lazy. I think my onions are OK. But I will check further. I use a lot of onions.

Ds2 texted me. He is subbing in on an orchestra concert tonight. It will be streamed on you tube. So I know what I will be watching.

Have a nice evening,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I am on my laptop again....Weird, if I type in the words My Frugal Home in the search bar I can get into the forum. If I try my short cut it just does not work I get a rather large error sign that is totally different from any I have seen before.

However lets see if this posts with no error messages. And that I can continue to read and post after.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

I did make a burnt sugar butterscotch pie...pretty good too LOL

It never did get warm today, 50's all day and so overcast...dreary looking.

I sorted the fridge, had to pitch a small amount of cole slaw :( going to the chickens along with a handfull of cheese doodles...stale ...really just the crumbs in the bag but stale.

I just placed my OTC order from my insurance companies offerings , they were out of some stuff I wanted but I managed to spend the allotment.

I was also on insta cart checking to see if Aldi's has their spiral sliced hams...they do not and canned goods are back to a limit of 6.

I pulled my pond plant that has to come inside for the winter...I have 2 more planters to bring in at some point...still haven't decided on the angel wing begonias. There are so many and they are so big...I just don't know where to put them to overwinter. I could try the basement at DD's but I think it is too dark.

JCKitty
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:04 pm I am on my laptop again....Weird, if I type in the words My Frugal Home in the search bar I can get into the forum. If I try my short cut it just does not work I get a rather large error sign that is totally different from any I have seen before.

However lets see if this posts with no error messages. And that I can continue to read and post after.
Just a test.