Daily Check in Oct 22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in Oct 22, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Update:
Mackie, I know what you mean...it has been that kind of day.

I continue to pray for HB, people who have smoked for a long while have a harder time getting off the oxygen I have been told . He really has been thru a rough time. Poor soul, I hope he perks up soon.

Found out this afternoon that someone else I know has passed, she was older than me but her youngest was in school with my DD's and we ran carpool together and when she lived out here close to me we use to get together as moms and neighbors...she was a good person and friend back in the day. She moved to town about 15 years ago and I didn't see her much after that. She suffered from a liver disease.

I did some cleaning this afternoon and rearranged some furniture in the sunroom, this time of year the sun comes in at such an angle that it gives glare..so I move furniture to get around it. I also cleaned window sills and locked the windows. If not locked they can let in a draft and it is too cold for that.

I made the last of the fish portions (pre-breaded) and fries in the toaster oven for supper. I will not buy those fish portions again...too much breading and pretty much flavorless fish. I just wanted to get something else used from the bits and pieces in the freezer. Tomorrow we are doing a sheet pan nacho night. And painting Halloween paintings...girls night.

JCKitty
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

itspennyc wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:20 am

Penny
Penny,

This post is for you and anyone else interested in knitting little animals. I saw this on my facebook page and had to check it out. These adorable little animals knit flat and then you sew them up. There are 6 animals on the pattern and it is only $4.00. I think that is a really great price!

Next month, when I have moolah again, I might even order the pattern for myself! So adorable and they use very little yarn for each little animal.
https://www.fuzzymitten.com/product-page/petite-pocket-pets?fbclid=IwAR3hV2_UZM0oIIXMRjQhgOZEdUDTWVCimymU9vF7Qa-tkdTvihYC88ah-qQ

I'm torn as to which one is the cutest! I really like the "long-haired kitty" and the little hamster!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:57 am still getting the error when I use Chrome, but works okay when using Bing.
I'm still trying to pinpoint and resolve the issue that you and Jackie (and maybe others) are having.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne nuit toute le monde!

I've been kinda MIA this week. I'm really down in the dumps since I didn't pass the fire inspection. That was a week ago Thursday. It really wasn't much, I need to replace my extension cords with certified power bars and get my bike and the two boxes of China (that I've tried working on to no avail) out of the front entry. Zoe and Dayton came and got my bicycle last Saturday and that made opening the apartment door a lot easier.

Angela came this week and got all of the boxes unwrapped, checked as to if it was a "keep" or "donate" and we got that all done. My beautiful Wedding China was in the one box. For now, I want to keep it as I really love the pattern. It's Royal Albert Bronte (like Charlotte Bronte the author, why I chose it). It's very pretty with yellow and blue flowers and has 24 carat cold highlights on the edges. She said, "I really love setting these up but I'm not a china person." Oh! What a gorgeous job she did! She cleaned out the "donateables" in the china cabinet and it is all my china and the other items being kept are kept under in the cupboard, I can see it from my chair. It is lovely and I am really enjoying that. It seems to be the only thing of late, that and going to hang out with Emmitt and Dayton on Tuesday. Just in a funk.

I'm being EXTREMELY frugal. Disability does NOT allow you a savings account and even if they did? With what money? For the last 3 weeks I've had 90 cents to my name. Yup, you read that correctly, 90 cents. This month I did stock up on more groceries so I haven't needed to go grocery shopping. It is difficult to just stay home all the time but where would I go? Also, I have less than 1/8th tank of gas in the van so I can't run it empty until I have $$ to put in gas. I DO have to drive over to the Disability office to hand deliver my statement of "No income" for the month.

For Canadian Thanksgiving, I loaned out my Grandma Georgie's roaster to a young woman on our local facebook group looking to borrow one. She also needed Milk and I gave her a couple of Chicken Gravy packets so she could make hot turkey sandwiches for her kids. I have been so depressed and down, I forgot all about it until today. I contacted her and apologized for leaving it at her house. She is currently 34 weeks pregnant and explained she'd been in the hospital with pregnancy complications. All is okay for her now. I will pick-up the roaster on Sunday. I think to myself, "I could donate that. . ." But then again, when I make a big pot of caramel corn that is the best item to bake it in, perfect in fact!

I don't know if any of you saw the post I left for Penny but if you knit and want quick little projects with scrap yarn? The pattern computer link (only $4.00 for patterns of 6 animals) is in the post I put up for Penny.

I know I'm late posting and many may not see this. I have bookmarked the Etsy site and will post it again tomorrow for everyone.

That's the skinny from around here,

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

JCKitty, thanks for the info about smokers and oxygen after surgery. I had a text from him this morning and he seemed a bit more lucid than yesterday. He needs to rest, eat and do a lot of breathing at this point.

MJ, I am sorry about your inspection not going well after all your work. Is there a council on aging office or a Buy Nothing group you could reach out to for some power strips? (((hugs)))
Mackie
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:55 pm Penny,

This post is for you and anyone else interested in knitting little animals. I saw this on my facebook page and had to check it out. These adorable little animals knit flat and then you sew them up. There are 6 animals on the pattern and it is only $4.00. I think that is a really great price!

Next month, when I have moolah again, I might even order the pattern for myself! So adorable and they use very little yarn for each little animal.
https://www.fuzzymitten.com/product-page/petite-pocket-pets?fbclid=IwAR3hV2_UZM0oIIXMRjQhgOZEdUDTWVCimymU9vF7Qa-tkdTvihYC88ah-qQ

I'm torn as to which one is the cutest! I really like the "long-haired kitty" and the little hamster!!

MJ
MJ, those are just about the cutest things I ever saw! I love the kitty and the bunny with the carrot. Actually, I love them all.
Patty