Daily Check in Oct 22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check in Oct 22, 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I only woke up once during the night. I love nights like that.

H-E-B was out of the dozen large Grade AA eggs, so they are giving me 18 large grade AA eggs at the same price as the dozen. They had the rest of my order.

My order is mostly put away.

Penny
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Got up a bit later than I had expected but that's OK. Did 2/3rd of my exercise time while my sister was at the laundramat. I also started watching a You Tube Channel where this woman was doing a grocery challenge of $21 a week or $1 per meal. Portions seemed small to me, but since her video got messed up it was a bit hard to tell from the pictures she posted.

I am now watching one of these videos and she has a lot of great ideas for simple and frugal cooking, however I notice a definite lack of fruits and vegetables. I would up jumping into week 4, may she incorporates produce in other videos? And I'm not sure the carbs she uses would work in a diabetic diet. None-the-less I am enjoying this.

Bev
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I have been up and have already made my trip to town, while I was there I went ahead and put some gas in the vehicle. Trying to wait for the price to come down isn't working :(

DD finally mowed last evening, I hope she learned her lesson...it was chilly and breezy...IF she had just done it when I told her it would have been much easier but ....

She has a guy picking up the chestnuts so that is a good thing and he dumpster dove a net type thing and has it strung up under the persimmon trees which is so cool. He is a forager and will use these things so a win-win!

It is a cold and damp day...no sun light and depressing.
Renter/friend has already called and moaned about "her life" , she wears me out. I am pretty sure she has figured out that her married, living with someone else (not the wife) so called boyfriend is never going to get her a house like he said he would. Now she is saying things like she will be in the rental until "the end".

I am thawing a half pork butt, no clue as to what it will become. Possibly served with cornbread stuffing and mashed potatoes....we shall see.
JCKitty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Afternoon, y'all. It's sunny and nice here -- about 68 degrees. Perfect, in other words, lol. Hobbes and I sat on the back porch last night and watched the sun set. It was so nice.

I had PT this morning and he really worked on my left leg -- the I.T. band, quads, and glutes. It felt a lot looser once he finished. But the trouble is, it will be just as tight by tomorrow morning...probably by tonight. I just can't figure out what is causing it. He says it has to be coming from the nerves in my spine. Ugh. Did I tell y'all that the pain doc is sending me for an EMG (nerve conduction study) for my lower spine that will cover both legs? She says if we can find out which nerve paths are affected then we can try to target the stim unit to those specific nerves. Wouldn't that be wonderful? It is so nice having a bit of hope again .... it's been a while.

I have all the stuff to make tacos tonight. We're going to do dinner and a movie. I'd also like to make some no bake cookies. Every time I make them I think of my mom. She made them for us a lot growing up. It's funny...the older I get the more I miss her. ♥

I got a gift in today's mail. A friend of mine sells jewelry as a side business and she sent me a beautiful bracelet. It's got amethyst stones in it. It was such a nice surprise to get such a lovely gift...especially since all we usually get is junk mail. Or bills, lol.
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I was feeling great this morning and in a way still am.

I've done the usual chores. Made breakfast/lunch

But something happened at our school. Teacher and student thing. Ugh. Arrest was involved. Career ruined. What will become of the student? How will life be from now on?

The adult was a person that everyone liked. My relative that works there and has worked with the person was devastated.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Patty, you do have such great medical folks, although I know you went through some awful times to find them. (((hugs))) I hope they can figure it out and get you feeling and walking better.

I have had a crazy busy day and have just now caught up for a minute. Did slip out at lunch to see HB. Couldn't get a milkshake for him, so I took him some small lollipops and a few pieces of hard candy for his sore throat. He is not doing very well: he continues to need supplemental oxygen, which was not a problem before the surgery. He was asleep when I got there and was very pale, so I let him be and left a note to go with the candy.

Personally, I'd love to be asleep right now myself. It's cold in our office and I'm just flat tired.
Mackie