Daily Check In - October 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In - October 23, 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

Good evening friends. I went to a "women's financial conference" today - something I attend every year. I had to leave at 6:00 this morning to pick up my friend and make it there by the 8:00 a.m. registration time. It was a long day but the conference was very good. They had workshops on retirement planning, self-care, productivity, money styles/personalities, and more. Breakfast and lunch were included in the $25 conference fee.

Home now and it is DARK. DD took care of my boss's dogs for me today and is going back with me at 8:00 to put them to bed - I hate going over there alone in the dark. I will, of course, share the pay with DD for all of her work. Have the care of them through Monday.

Having been gone all day leaves me with a short weekend to get things done so tomorrow will be a very busy day of cooking, cleaning, hopefully getting some more stuff done outside. I intend to go to bed as soon as we get back from our "dog duty" - and hopefully wake up tomorrow ready to take it all on.

Off to browse the forum and check some emails. DD is doing homework. Her SO has gone to stay with his mother for a couple of weeks so it's quiet here - just us girls (except for DD's cat - he is a boy - all the dogs are girls).

Hope you are all doing well and having a cozy fall weekend.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

did not get to bathe my senior dog

We have water issues in this town and when I was going to start, the water was barely trickling.

So I waited and he fell asleep, so will have to try again tomorrow. This water thing is just something I anticipate. Oh well.

So after that not much got done - lol

Have a great evening
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, your turkey dinner sounds really good. I have been wanting chicken and picked up two packs of thighs, about 16 pieces of chicken, while grocery shopping. They cost $15. I need to add smelling salts to the grocery list!
Mackie