Daily Check In - October 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In - October 23, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

I have started to feel better. Got dressed etc. Went outside. It is nice and sunny. A little warm but every now and then a chilly breeze comes by. Start of fall

I am hungry but don't know what I want -wah. I had my mind set on a bar-b-q plate from the church. A turkey plate would be really good right now too.

Oh wait - I have a Schwan's turkey meal in the freezer!!! :mrgreen:
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Made stovetop stuffing and also green beans.

Will eat once it cools down. The COD has to have his food super hot - me I am good with warm.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde!

I got up very late this morning. Doesn't matter what time I get up unless I have an appointment or Angela is coming over to help with my downsizing. Tonight? I "have" to stay up late as they changed my CBC Saturday night programs and I can't get to sleep with the new line-up. Have to wait until after midnight. I'm such a creature of habit.

Just making my 2 cups of coffee for this morning. Maybe, well, I am hoping, it will clear the fog out of my brain. I had spaghetti (and the sauce was that awesome sauce Zoe sent home with me) for brunch this morning. It was a quarter to 11 so I figured it was legit to eat. :D

I got a group on Facebook that does photo corrections with photoshop (for free) to fix up my Dad's graduation from Navy Boot Camp during WWII before he went off to serve in the Pacific Fleet. He was only 17 and looks just so baby faced! My friend printed it out and while looking through the storage boxes, I found a lovely 5x7 frame. I do want to get it done as an 8x10 to put beside the photo when he was in his late 20s early 30s.

I posted this link to a very reasonably priced Etsy pattern for 6 VERY cute, adorable little animals last night. I posted it to the DIY board this morning but it is just SO adorable, I want everyone to see it and take advantage if they are knitters. Each one uses little yarn so could easily be used to make up with leftovers. They'd make great gifties for anyone of any age or a church donation. I am hoping I can make a couple to donate to our Bear Clan that works with disadvantaged families and the homeless. I haven't knit in a long time but these are an easy peasy way to keep happy while doing it. I'm also going to knit myself the hamster (after Opal of course :mrgreen: ). Here is the link:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1106973685/petite-pocket-pets-knitting-pattern?fbclid=IwAR0aQ3pt5h7403ScPVD-OKGsXw_YxUMpak8JyvX-Ab07J0pnCEH5NtLiSvw

I don't have much on the go for today. I do have to unload and load the dishwasher. I have my lunch pots and pans to put in. I may repot a plant or do. I did one last weekend. We found some nice "mid-century modern" pots in my boxes. Well, they may be from the 1930s or 40s but I like them for their uniqueness. I just need to look at my plants in plain planters and decide which ones get the places of "honor."

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I did indeed pull out my long sleeved tops, wool knee socks and winter pajamas from the tub. I did a hard cull of shirts coming out of the tub and out of the closet.

Also decluttered the third closet in our bedroom, which holds my out of season clothes, sewing stuff, luggage, and heavy winter quilt and blanket, and put the shelves back in the den closet that Homeless Buddy used when he lived with us. This inspired DH to go through our Rubbermaid and cull out the old containers that he thinks are not safe for hot foods any more.

DH took a load of stuff to Goodwill, as I also filled up a huge basket with books and CDs we were done with, some throw pillows, and cleaned up an old footstool that had been shoved into the closet. Between that and all the clothes, the back seat of his car was full.

Whew, that was a lot.
Mackie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Yesterday I received a call from an HS friend, I was surprised that I hadn't heard from him on my birthday.

We talk a few times a year.

He has had cancer for a few years, (over 10 ?) he had some trouble with the combinations of drugs and has been in the hospital and rehab for a month. He hopes to go home next week.

I called his wife to get the full story, just sad.

We are all in our early 70s.

His wife is not in the best health herself, bad back among other things.

They are hoping that he won't need a wheelchair but can use a walker and cane. he has lost 20#'s in the past month, and believe me, he didn't have it to lose.

Luckily I have the strength to move DH's walker in and out of the car.

When DH was in the wheelchair we bought a lighter one for the car, which was leasier for me.

They have a long road ahead.

IC
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

It did not warm up at all today, in fact it has just gotten more and more windy. Pretty sure it will be snow and not rain tonight if the forecasted moisture falls. Glad that I will not really have to go anywhere either tonight, and tomorrow I can watch Mass online.

Got the binding onto the quilt and am stitching it down. I finished two sides and part of the third. Hopefully it will be done tonight.

Projects for tomorrow will be making Christmas cards and working on the knitted blanket. Oh dear, I am so far behind that I may never catch up on getting ready for Christmas. I will also look for a pattern online for a work apron for Hubby, or perhaps I can find one in a book for 1 yard patterns.

Off to make supper. I never know how long to cook steak so this will be an adventure (the pieces are bigger than I thought).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/