Habits of frugal people (us !!! )

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Habits of frugal people (us !!! )

Post by icfrugal1 »

https://www.treehugger.com/habits-frugal-people-4858561 :D

I like the less stressed !! A lot of truth to that.

I don't know about you, but I've had to learn a lot of this.

I was never a spendthrift, but there was a time that I didn't watch my spending.

I will say that before I was married I had a paid-for car. (old car, but it worked :D ) and no debt, I didn't spend as much as I made.

But things weren't as expensive back in the 1970s.

No internet, no cable, I lived in an apt and only had to pay for my energy costs.

Now, we own a house (thank you, God) with a pool, no regrets, but a lot more expensive, even though the house is paid for.

Paying house taxes, house insurance, garbage, utilities, water, internet cable etc. repairs. Amazon prime, kindle. etc. lots of luxuries.

NOT complaining at all, very thankful for where we are money wise.,

Am I rambling??? :roll:

Loved the article

any thoughts, things have changed so much in our lifetimes.

IC
HappyDaze

Re: Habits of frugal people (us !!! )

Post by HappyDaze »

IC, I LOVE this. Today at the financial conference I went to, we played a game to determine our "money personality". I scored VERY HIGH in planning and security - no surprise there. Some people were "givers". I pointed out to the presenter that just because some of us score LOW in "giving", doesn't mean we don't give - but that we plan and save for it and take care of ourselves first.

I especially agree that building wealth requires a lot of hard work.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I do stay home!!!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I love this and most of it is true of me and my DH. However, we do buy new cars, choosing reliable brands and models without a lot of things that will break. We also keep them a very long time.
Mackie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:59 pm IC, I LOVE this. Today at the financial conference I went to, we played a game to determine our "money personality". I scored VERY HIGH in planning and security - no surprise there. Some people were "givers". I pointed out to the presenter that just because some of us score LOW in "giving", doesn't mean we don't give - but that we plan and save for it and take care of ourselves first.

I especially agree that building wealth requires a lot of hard work.
the way that DH and I feel is that we hope to leave something when we go, but we aren't going to go without.

hopefully, neither of us will need to go into "care", which would take everything, but thinking positive thoughts about that. :roll:

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:46 pm I love this and most of it is true of me and my DH. However, we do buy new cars, choosing reliable brands and models without a lot of things that will break. We also keep them a very long time.
that's a great point, being cheap isn't frugal. and there is no point in doing without.

My sister's friend just spent $20000 on a tummy tuck and neck lift (!!!!) but she has the money and it makes her happy. she is in her 70's,

I just don't look into mirrors LOL

IC