Are you stockpiling (still? again?)

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Are you stockpiling (still? again?)

Post by HappyDaze »

ohjodi wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:34 pm I used to let myself run nearly out of things before buying more. But the stripped-shelves at the start of 2020, and the need to stay out of the stores as much as possible to avoid covid, has caused me to always have a small stock of certain must-have brand items on hand.

Charmin Sensitive-- I buy again when I'm down to three 6-roll packs.
Seventh Generation dish soap -- I buy 6-packs from Amazon, and buy again when I have two bottles left.
Seventh Generation laundry soap -- I will buy 2 jugs when I have 1/2 jug left (but this could take forever, lol)
Hippo Sak trash bags -- I buy a 90 ct box from Amazon, instead of 15-ct boxes from my store.
Pam cooking spray --- some months back I couldn't find it anywhere, so when I did I bought two cans. When I'm down to 1/2 can I'll buy two more. I know this isn't a NEED, but other brands are awful, which is why I never used any. But Pam is great, and it cuts my butter and oil consumption.

Other things I buy 1-2 of, when I've still got one left......butter, dozen eggs, Aldi turkey bacon, sourdough bread, bagged salad (I buy 2-3 at a time) , Fage full fat greek yogurt, distilled water gallons for my CPAP machine.

I am stocking up on the big cans of Aldi German soups.... two different lentil soups, and pea soup, because they are delicious, and winter is coming. I do doctor them up, though.

Anyway, it's nice not shopping as often as I did, especially in the winter.
Jodi, I think grocery shopping in winter is the worst! Driving in the dark, wind howling, navigating the wet, snowy, icy parking lot - yuck. Last winter when my car was out of commission for awhile I had to walk - that was no fun either - getting my little push/pull cart over the snowy sidewalks. Blech!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I have a current stockpile that I am trying to rebuild. There have been a few things that I have ordered from Walmart curbside that they were out of at the time. However when I reordered a week or two later they usually have it.

Our winter weather prediction is that it will be warmer and wetter than normal. The weatherman said before you get excited about it being warmer that means we could have ice storms instead of snow.. Power outages are my big concern there so I plan on getting more wood and Duraflame logs for just in case.
Janet Alliesmama
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:20 pm Part of my reason for being SO broke at the end of this month may have been due to "stockpiling." I bought lots of items I eat every month when they were on sale at the start of the month. It's mostly used up now though.

I did find the 12 rolls of toilet paper on sale for $4.99 instead of $10.99 and that stockpile was buying 4 packages that will last quite a while. I don't like to pay more than $5.99 if I can find them on sale at my local Sobeys.

I haven't seen anything missing from the shelves except one time during the summer when all the pickles were out. An odd thing to run out of!!

MJ
At Shoppers Drug Mart this week, you can get 24 rolls of PC brand for $4.99. If you have enough points, it’s also spend your points week. $65 for 50 000 points, $140 for 100 000 points and $300 for 200, 000 points. My plan is to go tomorrow to also take advantage of the Saturday and Sunday specials. No name facial tissue is.89 for 126 tissues as well. Good time to stock up on Webber or Jamieson brand vitamins as 40% off.

Creative
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Creative,

Thanks on the information on Shoppers Drug Mart points sale. I am a die-hard Shoppers fan. Our pharmacy is the best! Glenda, the pharmacist knows everyone's names and this isn't a small area she serves!

I'll go and for sure pick-up eggs on the weekend. Will check my points to see how many I have and decide if I want to continue building them up or spend some this weekend.

Again, thanks for the good news!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I'm still not stockpiling and some if my meals are schwans and so on. I do take advantage of things like the progresso soup deal. Like I think I said I eat everything. So if they're out of chicken I'll eat beef or pork and if they're out of frizen I'll eat canned.

That said one of my go to breakfasts is belvita breakfast biscuits with juice and milk on the lazy days and in my neck of the woods they are found nowhere. Literally.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Quilter51 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:41 pm I'm still not stockpiling and some if my meals are schwans and so on. I do take advantage of things like the progresso soup deal. Like I think I said I eat everything. So if they're out of chicken I'll eat beef or pork and if they're out of frizen I'll eat canned.

That said one of my go to breakfasts is belvita breakfast biscuits with juice and milk on the lazy days and in my neck of the woods they are found nowhere. Literally.
I've tried some store-brands of the Belvita, and while they're not bad, the Belvita are much better.
ohjodi