Are you stockpiling (still? again?)

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Are you stockpiling (still? again?)

Post by HappyDaze »

I noticed very high prices and a lot of empty shelves at the grocery store last evening. I'm hearing a lot about stockpiling on the YouTube channels I follow and I feel like people are getting back into it heavily again.

I bought 20 cans of Progresso soup, all vegetarian varieties, on sale at 10 for $10 - regular price is $2.79 each - so quite a savings and a big can of soup makes a nice, hot and hearty lunch for me at work on a cold day.

I am also rebuilding my stock of canned fruit and canned tomato products and peanut butter. I had stocked up a lot during the lockdown last year - but used most of it up and hadn't rebuilt it completely. Back to it I guess.

What, if anything, are you stocking up on "just in case"? Are you noticing any items out of stock at your grocery stores or other stores?
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Grannysewstoys

Re: Are you stockpiling (still? again?)

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been keeping stocked up with toilet paper, paper napkins, paper towels.

I use very few paper towels but there are some things I prefer to pitch, such as the paper towels that I wet to make cleaning my George Forman Grill. I unplug and then place the wet paper towels between the hot plates and close it. The plates are then easy to clean.

Cooking bacon. And for any grease I might wipe up.

Food items I can usually find something that will do.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

oh wow - that is a great price on Progresso soup. I love that brand!!

No stockpiling here.

Well just the general bulk buy items from Sams - does that count? Not ten big packs of toilet paper - but one at a time - same as for paper towels.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

And no empty shelves at my local IGA store.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Yes. I am rebuilding my pantry and freezer. I also bought a case of toilet paper on Amazon after getting a coupon for $10 off $20 of any physical product sold by Amazon.

Our Food Lion is still having supply issues. It has not had containers of cream cheese in a couple of weeks. There are some frozen and canned goods we have not been able to get there too.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I have mentioned stockpiling or at least preparing for what ever comes this winter. I usually do a bit of pantry stocking here, but with what happened last year and the fact that my province can not seem to get a handle on this Delta , surge and my little southeast corner with a total population of less than 1/8th our bigger city (capital) has more cases per captia.

We do not have empty shelves right now though and hopefully the supply chain is working.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/