Daily Check In October 24, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check In October 24, 2021

Post by LWolfT »

Afternoon ...
It's been pouring rain all day ... very dreary.

Not a lot going on. Had to glue the sole back on my other slipper, so now I have a matched set, LOL! Worked a bit on my next project — sewing new draft dodgers for the patio door, using DH's old jeans for the material.

Dinner will be stir fry ...
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good afternoon, everyone. I have been having an at-home day so far. Been cooking and doing some more closet decluttering. Made banana bran muffins that used up three very ripe bananas and the last bit of a jar of applesauce. Used up the last of the yogurt and some leftover grapes making parfaits to go with my lunches.

I will cook up the packs of chicken thighs for supper with sweet peppers and mushrooms. Maybe some seasoned rice on the side and some baked apples.

Homeless Buddy is not doing well at all. Without supplemental oxygen, his pulse oxygen drops to 25 percent. The pulmonologist is supposed to see him today. It is easier to talk to HB by text because he has such trouble getting enough air to talk. I will see him tomorrow during my lunch hour.

Hope you all have a peaceful rest of the day.
Mackie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:46 pm Homeless Buddy is not doing well at all. Without supplemental oxygen, his pulse oxygen drops to 25 percent. The pulmonologist is supposed to see him today. It is easier to talk to HB by text because he has such trouble getting enough air to talk. I will see him tomorrow during my lunch hour.

Hope you all have a peaceful rest of the day.
Mackie,
That is really a very scary number of HB when off O2. I hope the pulmonologist can find some reason and get that level up that he can get off of O2. I can see how texting would be so much easier for him.

I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

I just got out of the shower and am sitting here in my robe drying off. So far I've made breakfast and lunch, not much else has been done. I watched my Sunday shows and caught up on reading news articles posted on Facebook and Twitter.

Once I am dried and dressed, I am going to retrieve Grandma Georgie's Roast Pan and also stop by Shoppers to pick-up bread and see if Peanut Butter is on sale (Angela loaned me $10 to make it through the end of the month!). They always have the best sale on Peanut Butter in town.

Not much else shaking out today. I'll probably watch some Netflix movie tonight, not really sure.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:
Mackie, I hope and pray HB gets better soon. Poor soul...
It has been the most dreary, rainy day. Seriously boring and I have absolutely no mo-jo.

Even my dog doesn't want to go out in this yuck.... I ate leftovers when I finally got hungry. 2 pieces of meatloaf left in the freezer...so we are good on leftovers.
Tomorrow I will either make bread or go to the DG ...there are a few other things I need.
The fiance said he will be here at some point to look at the SUV, I don't think he call tell much in this weather and I have a feeling it will need to go by hook to his house. I for sure am not driving it.
Back to reading and TV....

JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Evening All,

Mackie, I am sorry to hear that HB is doing so poorly.

I am tired and very sore - lots of yard work done today including trimming trees with those giant cutter things. Not finished but happy with what I got done, considering I had to stop for various other things a few times.
I got stuck by a lot of thorns today in spite of having gloves on so my hands are scratched up and hurting. I hauled several wheelbarrow loads of branches and sticks way out back - I am fortunate to have a large wooded area to dump such things in - doesn't do any harm to me, the environment, or anyone else.

All I want is to take a hot shower and hit my bed - but I have to put the boss's dogs to bed at 8:30. I think I will sit ON my bed, covered with a throw, and watch a movie - setting my alarm for 8:00 - because I feel I may fall asleep.

My gutters are a bigger job than I thought - I did a "superficial" cleaning all the way around but I am going to call my lawn people to see if they will give me an estimate to have someone climb up and get what I couldn't. I can feel more debris in there - I just can't climb any higher to get to it. Always something to spend money on - DRAT!!

Still more outside work to be done - lots of raking and cat shelters need to be made for winter. I hope to do a little bit each evening after work - it will depend on the weather and what time I get out of work as it gets dark so early.

I have scalloped potatoes going in the slow cooker - hoping they will be completely cooked by the time I get back from putting the boss's dogs to bed. My grocery had bottles of Kraft ranch dressing marked down to .50 cents - and I had a coupon for .75 cents off two - which was doubled - so FREE and a .50 cent money maker! The "best buy" date is soon - so a bottle of that went into the potatoes and onions. Not the healthiest version of scalloped potatoes to be sure - but YUM!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Not thCe nicest of days outside here on the old homestead. Cold, and it alternates between rain and light snow... Brrr, glad to be in and toasty warm.

I clipped loose threads on the quilt and put it away for Christmas, made 10 Christmas cards (would like to make a few more, but we shall see if I actually need more).

Chicken is in the oven and I just added the potatoes and carrots to the roaster. Think I will forego making any coleslaw tonight. I might save the cabbage to be used for some lazy cabbage rolls for the freezer.

I need to work on my list for Walmart as of yet and will do that once the table is set.

Mackie so sorry that HB is doing so poorly. I will keep him in my prayers.

HappyDaze you certainly were very busy today.

Off to set table, make list and continue work on my knitted blanket gift for DS's friend.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/