Daily Check In October 24, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In October 24, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Getting another cup of coffee to wake up. 2 cup day. Back in a moment or three.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In October 24, 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Jackie and everyone. Yes, it is a 2-cup day for sure! My dogs woke me up at 6:30 and I just got back from doing the morning routine with my boss's dogs. I need to get outside after I finish my coffee and yogurt and do some clean-up, cut back rose bushes that are out of control, etc. - the place looks a bit of a hot mess - and while I'm not too picky about that stuff, we need a good fall cleaning up.

Later today will be cooking ahead for the coming week. Also it's my dad's birthday so I need to pick up a birthday card, stuff some scratch off tickets in it and go see the parents. Will see if DD wants to go along (I hope she does but I know she has a lot of school work to do).

It is chilly this morning but the sun is trying to shine. Supposed to rain all this coming week.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Surprisingly it did not fall below freezing in town last night so we got rain and a bit of wet snow. The roads could still be a bit slick though so no walk outside for me today until later in the day.

Not too much happening on the old homestead today. I will continue working on projects (got the quilt binding finished last night), look for a pattern for a carpenter's apron, and get my lists done for the next week. I will also start my list for the purchases I make at Walmart every two weeks or so. The basics on that list never changes, but the additions do. This time I am adding an iron and perhaps an air fryer...(early Christmas gift to me). I just need to find one that I like and has good reviews. I will also be adding yarn, hopefully they have a few more skeins of the colour I picked up and then some white and black to knit youngest DS his blanket.

I hope to clip threads on the quilt today, post a picture of the finished quilt on my blog, and make the Christmas cards I need for this year. I probably only need 15 or so and I am hoping to get them completed up to the put together stage this morning.

My small upright meat freezer is looking pretty darn empty in the beef department. I sure hope there is a sale on ground beef, stew meat and perhaps even some tougher steak portions. I need to get that area of the freezer built up once again. I do have a couple of roasts so that is great. Pork and chicken shelves look great we have had plenty of sales on that over the past few months.

Supper tonight is Roast Chicken (better get that out of the freezer), roasted potatoes, and roasted carrots. I may make a coleslaw to round things out.

Today I am grateful for time I can spend on my crafts...Having a small home of just over 1100 square feet is lovely.

Everyone have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Today will probably be a no drive, no spend day providing I don’t give into the temptation of picking up some Sat and Sun only specials from Shoppers Drug Mart. Those offers always tempt me.

I have made our salad today for lunch,using greens from our garden. We had another hard frost last night so I am not sure how much longer the lettuce and parsley will hold up. I plan to continue with the winterizing of our garden and will empty more pots and rake yet more leaves. I cut up some pineapple this morning as well. Finished folding the last load of laundry and have got all that put away.

Have a peaceful and happy Sunday!
Creative
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I Have been up and doing the usual.
It is a wet miserable day.

So had a bit of excitement last night, went to girls night and had a great time...baby is either having a reaction to her 3 shots received on Tuesday or she has developed a cold :(

Truck started smoking when I dropped off DD2...not good. I got it home and there were some sparks by then. Maybe 2 blocks away.
I parked it outside away from house and garage and popped the hood to cool and air it out. No flames, but smells electrical . Glad it didn't tear up on the way home. Called the fiance and haven't heard back from him...he had to work last night so not surprised. I hope it is something inexpensive and easy to fix.
I just fueled it up :roll:

I always remember my dad saying to never garage or park next to a building if there is smoke or overheating of any type.

I have no plans for the day, I do have the twinkle lights on...so dreary.

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Gee I slept like a log. I thought it was early so got up to let the pups out - it was 10!!

I did get up a few times during the night, but would go right back to sleep

But now my body kind of hurts. Maybe slept too long

And just the other day I was thinking how lucky I was that I didn't suffer body aches etc. Well that did not last long. I am almost 62 so I guess it has to start. Almost pulled something in my waist when I picked up one of the pups. He is a chunky little thing. Very solid. He can't hop up on the porch step, so I have to pick him up. Don't know his history - the COD just showed up with him one day. Very good pup.

Will have to do some stretching to get this old body going...

Have a great day.