Daily Check in Oct 25, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check in Oct 25, 2021

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

Well, I started the day off weird. I literally fell out of bed! I was half asleep when I realized I was wrapped in all my blankets and kinda stuck between the bed and the dresser! I thought of those commercials, "HELP!! I've fallen and can't get up!!" :shock: I might need one of those necklaces in 20 years or so! :mrgreen:

I'm going to finish loading up the dishwasher and run it before supper. It will be too full to add supper dishes.

Not much else going on around here. I will do a few of the little things I can do before Angela comes over on Thursday. I do need to vacuum around Opal's little cage. When she doesn't like how much bedding is in her little cave housie, she kicks it out on to the carpet. She's pretty smart, she does it on the side where I can't see it from my chair!

It's brunch today, well, really late as I still have to make it, hash browns and eggs. Supper tonight will be leftover spaghetti.

Oh, one more thing I need to do today is drive the garbage to the top of the hill. That is the whole plan, such as it is, for today.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:20 pm Hi everyone. It is good to be back. I have been locked out of the forum since about late Sept. I could not remember my password. I tried several times to use the humongous passwords that were sent to me and they were not accepted. A few days ago I got a new shorter password and it too was not accepted. However today we have lift off and I am now finally back. Thanks to the person that sent the password. I am assuming it was Aaron?

We had severe weather that roared thorough my area last night. Not sure how windy it got but they were predicting winds up to 70+ mph. We were under a tornado watch until 1:00 AM this morning. Tornadoes did hit south of us in MO and IL. No one was killed but homes and businesses were severely damaged or gone.

Even after being off for so long nothing earth shattering or interesting has been going on here.lol

I have scheduled my Covid booster shot for next week. I will be very happy after that is done. I have canceled my trip to Mexico next year. I do not want to take a chance and get sick from covid. My brother told me that even though I will not have Medicare coverage in Mexico he will gladly pay for any medical expenses that I might need. I asked him, "What if I get sick and die?" Oops sorry about that we only thought you might get sick...lol. He is basing everything on the fact that they say if you are vaccinated you are most likely not going to be that sick or die compared to those who are not vaccinated. To me it is not worth it to go. Although Puerto Vallarta Mexico is so pretty. I could stay in my apartment right on the beach and be happy to never leave. My apartment would be at the hotel next door to my brother's condo. He always keeps a timeshare at the hotel so that when he has guests they can have their own space. He said that way it is not so hard on his wife having guests. Since he is retired he and his wife plan on spending half of their time in Mexico and the other half here.

I guess that is it for now. See I told you nothing exciting going on here.. lol

good to see you back, what a wonderful brother you have.

amazing about how much time goes by and " same old"same old" but that hopefully is a good thing

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

chocolite wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:06 pm Mackie, I have prayed for HB this morning. Bless him, I hope he turns a corner and starts to seriously mend. He's got a lot of people pulling for him, that's for sure.
He needs all the prayers. I visited at lunchtime and he is in dreadful shape. The doctors think he's thrown clots: there is little circulation to his right foot and hand and he is showing signs of a stroke on the right side of his brain. He's on a bi-pap device forcing air into his lungs -- they also think he has pneumonia -- and so he can't talk, but he's trying to communicate by hand gestures.

I prayed with him and we both cried. I asked him if he wanted to keep trying and he nodded "yes." He's going back into ICU and the vascular surgeon said he may have to have more surgery. This has just been a disaster.
Mackie
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Mackie,

I am so sorry about HB. Hoping he makes a strong recovery. Today has not been a good start to our week. So I am hoping it gets better. Going to try to stay to a low spend day due to having to pay for gas and picking up my monthly medications.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Hope and pray that HB improves.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:46 pm He needs all the prayers. I visited at lunchtime and he is in dreadful shape. The doctors think he's thrown clots: there is little circulation to his right foot and hand and he is showing signs of a stroke on the right side of his brain. He's on a bi-pap device forcing air into his lungs -- they also think he has pneumonia -- and so he can't talk, but he's trying to communicate by hand gestures.

I prayed with him and we both cried. I asked him if he wanted to keep trying and he nodded "yes." He's going back into ICU and the vascular surgeon said he may have to have more surgery. This has just been a disaster.
Lighting a candle and saying prayers for him.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/