Daily Check in Oct 25, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Oct 25, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,
Happy Monday!
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Oct 25, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

I am back. Wanted to get us started.

It is raining hard. I need to leave here shortly to get to my Dr's appointment. I am seeing the Podiatrist. I have lots of money on my flexible benefits card and want a new brace for my left foot. Then I need to grocery shop. I don't need a whole lot.

Had a good time meeting up with some old high school friends. But before that I visited with DS1 & Family. We sat there and watch DGS4 eyes progress with Conjunctivitis. I helped her take him to urgent care. He was unhappy to go probably because the last few times he was there he got a Covid test. While we were waiting he was whimpering and cuddling into Mama. When he came out he was chatting like a magpie.

Later today I want to go one line as I have a list of Christmas presents I want to buy. My credit card turns over. This will leave my Mom and DDIL. I will also want to get some fill-in presents for DS2 & DGS4.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

We are supposed to get a bit more rain sometime today, but right now all it is, chilly.

Lots to do on the old homestead today. Laundry, mopping floors, cleaning the bathroom, cleaning the sinks and cupboards in the kitchen, dusting, vacuuming the few carpets we have, stripping the bed, mopping floors, and I would love to get the walls washed in our bedroom. We shall see what happens and if my aches and pains allow me to get all done or not.

I should stress that none of the above tasks really take much more than 15 minutes a shot except of course for the laundry, and cleaning the bathroom. Oh and washing our bedroom walls. I also rest in between tasks or if my back and hips start to ache. It really isn't that much.

I may take a bit of time off from knitting today and make some strips of knitted fabric for the t-shirt rug. After a day of knitting (well about 4 hours) my trigger finger is causing me some problems today. Best thing to do would be give it a rest so cutting fabric should be just fine, and perhaps I will make a few more Christmas cards.

Not planning on going anywhere today, however if the wind has dissipated somewhat I may head out for a short walk once laundry is started and dusting is done.

Better wind this up now as chores are waiting.

Supper tonight will be soup and sandwiches. I will be using some turkey stock from the freezer and probably making a turkey vegetable soup. Sandwiches could possibly be ham salad.

Today I am grateful that I can still do all my own cleaning, I think I just might want to clean before cleaners came if I had them.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Morning!

I am enjoying a cup of coffee. I went and got gas this morning with the price being anywhere from 3.19 to 3.24 a gallon here, which is a huge jump in price. I am working today, but taking advantage of the the free coffee and water at work. I ate breakfast at home this morning before leaving and have no plans to eat out for lunch. I have started to look for cute thanksgiving crafts I can do with DS. He has been enjoying the weekly craft time we do. I usually hit dollar tree but have also just been printing a few things.

DS has soccer game today so I will have to pay two dollars for admission but this is his last game of the season.

Other than the admission, gas, and a few dollars for crafts I plan to make today mostly no spend.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. Yesterday I cooked a lot, finished some organizing (my sewing closet is now a delight to behold), and had a short conversation with Homeless Buddy by text. I will visit him at lunchtime today and pick up his laundry. He was lucid in the text, so I'm hoping he's a little better.

I accidentally bought boneless, skinless chicken thighs while doing the grocery shopping (wondered why they were a bit expensive) and I am now a big fan of this convenience. They cooked up fast and my arthritic fingers appreciated not having to pull off icy cold chicken skins. We don't buy a lot of meat -- right now I'm keeping the spending to $15 a week for fresh meat -- so the 10 cents more a pound is not a huge expense.

This morning I tidied up the office after the weekend and put away the tremendous amount of junk food that was sitting around. They bought about 25 pounds of candy to make Halloween treat bags and then boxes of Twinkies and such for another program, which meant everyone who knew it was here was coming into the office and getting into it. That was getting on my nerves and creating a mess. I dislike the whole season from now through the first of the year because of all the free-range eating. Maybe everyone who struggles with their weight finds it tiring too?

Well, break's over. I hope you all have a lovely day.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I had a bit of excitement this morning. I saw a water bug. He/she is currently trapped in a empty Oui glass tub in the bathroom.

Breakfast was a pumpkin muffin and a tub of Oui Yogurt.

I want to set up my cutting board etc, to more easily pin the place mats together. Once they are pinned I can then sew them. They don’t match to my satisfaction so I disagree with the experts saying they are a quick sew.

Toys to me for the most part are a quick sew.

Penny