Daily Check in Oct 25, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Oct 25, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Woke up kind of with some body aches. Getting old....

I've had one cup of coffee and that is about it for now. I can't drink two like before. Maybe that is a good thing.

Kind of overcast but warmish outside. I slept well but really wanted to sleep more. But the boys had to go out and I decided to just stay up.

Not sure what I will do today. Its Christmas time movies on Hallmark!

Have a great day all
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning. I had a post, but when I tried to send it, the forum kicked me all the way off ...

Anyway, have to take Little Girl to the vet this afternoon. She's barely eating/not eating and doesn't feel well. She's due to have a tooth pulled (not for another 3 weeks) and thought it was related to that. Vet's not so sure and wants to take a look.

On the bright side, one of my cousins is in town and wants to get together, so looking forward to that.

Mackie, I had trouble at work because there were always snacks, and I had no willpower, especially when work was stressful, or I had to expend a lot of extra mental energy. And those pounds won't come off!

Anyway, I have a long to-do list for this week, so better get on it.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
I am up (decent time) lotioned and potioned as BeckyO used to say.
I have laundry going, robo-vac going and bread started in the machine...baking off in the cooker.

I will keep myself busy in the house as it continues to rain. It really came down hard over night, puddles everywhere and just miserable looking outside.

New baby headed to the doctor, she has what we wonder is a cold but could be reaction to shots. She isn't any worse than over the weekend but not any better either...abundance of caution. When they are so little it is hard to watch and try to figure out what to do to make them feel better.

This weather gets to me, so dark and dreary...no outside time for me :( I am sure some dusting will get done...I guess that is a plus. :roll:

Mackie, I hope and pray HB gets better soon. And Maggie, I feel for you DGS, poor little guy probably doesn't understand...

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Looks like I had a burst of energy and cleaned out the lower rack of my clothes closet.

Have too many jeans - different sizes, styles etc.

I would joke with my family that I wear a uniform. And I sort of did this summer. Same top but different prints and patterns. Same jean shorts - but different hues.

So will be doing the same for winter!!

And looks like it will be chilly this week, so have to make sure my jeans are good to go!
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Penny, seeing a waterbug would cause more than a bit of excitement from me. I have a true phobia of them. I can take spiders, snakes, mice....anything but waterbugs. I just lose all self-control around them.

Mackie, I have prayed for HB this morning. Bless him, I hope he turns a corner and starts to seriously mend. He's got a lot of people pulling for him, that's for sure.

Good morning, all. Rain came through last night and dropped the temp. Yesterday was in the 80 but today it's only going to top out in the low 70s. There's a weak sun trying to shine through my dining room window but it's not doing a very good job of it yet. Supposed to be sunny by this afternoon when I have PT.

I've been working on my short story for this month. It's a super short word count (500) which can be hard to do, and the prompt is Guarded. I'm writing about the Little Rock 9 from the 1950s (forced integration at Central High School in Little Rock, AR). It's such an important story, and I hope I can capture a compelling snippet of it with my 500 words. I think I'll include a link to more information if people want to check it out. We have writers from all over the world and I know a lot of them won't be familiar with the story.

I made my roasted chicken with veggies last night and DH pronounced it great. Best of all, we have leftovers for tonight. I might make a loaf of bread, but that'll probably be it for today. Tomorrow I'll make some tuna salad and deviled eggs and package up whatever's left of the chicken for the freezer for future soup. Speaking of soup, I'll plan on making some beef veggie soup tomorrow as well, from a package of frozen leftover beef roast. This weather makes me want to cook.
Patty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Hi everyone. It is good to be back. I have been locked out of the forum since about late Sept. I could not remember my password. I tried several times to use the humongous passwords that were sent to me and they were not accepted. A few days ago I got a new shorter password and it too was not accepted. However today we have lift off and I am now finally back. Thanks to the person that sent the password. I am assuming it was Aaron?

We had severe weather that roared thorough my area last night. Not sure how windy it got but they were predicting winds up to 70+ mph. We were under a tornado watch until 1:00 AM this morning. Tornadoes did hit south of us in MO and IL. No one was killed but homes and businesses were severely damaged or gone.

Even after being off for so long nothing earth shattering or interesting has been going on here.lol

I have scheduled my Covid booster shot for next week. I will be very happy after that is done. I have canceled my trip to Mexico next year. I do not want to take a chance and get sick from covid. My brother told me that even though I will not have Medicare coverage in Mexico he will gladly pay for any medical expenses that I might need. I asked him, "What if I get sick and die?" Oops sorry about that we only thought you might get sick...lol. He is basing everything on the fact that they say if you are vaccinated you are most likely not going to be that sick or die compared to those who are not vaccinated. To me it is not worth it to go. Although Puerto Vallarta Mexico is so pretty. I could stay in my apartment right on the beach and be happy to never leave. My apartment would be at the hotel next door to my brother's condo. He always keeps a timeshare at the hotel so that when he has guests they can have their own space. He said that way it is not so hard on his wife having guests. Since he is retired he and his wife plan on spending half of their time in Mexico and the other half here.

I guess that is it for now. See I told you nothing exciting going on here.. lol
Janet Alliesmama