Daily Check In October 26, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In October 26, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Up really early, definitely need coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In October 26, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Really, I am up way too early this morning considering the time I went to bed. :(
Guess I just have to roll with whatever time I manage to pull myself out of my nest of warm blankets in the morning.

There is no wind right now, and at 6 in the morning is almost balmy in comparison to other mornings. It is almost 7 above. I may get out for a walk this morning....depending on if I manage to get a bit done this morning first.

Frugally, once again I am not going anywhere so there will be no money spent. Really hoping to hold out on the shopping until Friday. I will not go Thursday after Bible study as it is way too crowded with people who don't follow the mask mandate. Early morning is by far the best time for me to go.

I will also be cutting more leftover scraps of knit fabric into strips to be used in the rug. I have managed to get through some of the scrap fabric and I hope to get it all cut into the 5" wide strips today. Tomorrow I will cut that into the 2" strips I need. It is actually moving right along.

There is some Turkey veg/noodle soup left from supper last night so I plan on having that for lunch. Keeping the fridge clean as possible and using up leftovers before they go yuck. We need to get much better at that around here.

After this post I will be looking through some cookbooks to get an idea of what casserole to make with the leftover cooked chicken from supper on Sunday. I want something that will have leftovers to warm up later this week, and if there is enough for me to freeze for later on that is wonderful. With all the talks about shortages in various countries I want to be prepared. Some are even saying Christmas meals will not be the traditional and to get ready for scarcity that will last for a very long time. Not sure if this is scare tactics put out by some or not, but as frugal people we will be more than ready for this type of thing happening.

I have a few things on my household chore list to complete today and the first thing I will be doing is collecting the clothes that are dried on the lines downstairs to fold, and the sheets from the drier as well (dang forgot those last night). I hope to get the floors mopped before Hubby gets up, I really should have done them yesterday. If I am quick I could get the living room walls washed as well before he gets up.

I have finished off my list for Walmart shopping and will start work on the grocery store list. Just those things the will be bought whether they are on sale or not like milk, yogurt, eggs, butter, fruit and other produce. If some is on sale I will be happy, but if not, that is how things go up here in small city Saskatchewan. The sale items will be added to the list tomorrow. I still need to figure out what I am handing out for Trick or Treat and will pick that up when I go shopping (might just be leftovers as the 29th is getting pretty late).

So supper tonight will be a chicken casserole and I think I just might make some biscuits to go along with the meal...

Today I am grateful for pain free mornings as those have been few and far between over the past few weeks of constant weather changes.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I finally figured out how to dispose of the water bug. I used an extra large cookie lifter that doesn’t work with my cookie sheets. I have used it to shovel snow, move meat loaf.

Today is garbage day. I gathered and put out the trash, I had 2 bags. One was small and had the chicken packaging. I do have an empty milk carton. But I haven’t decided if I am going to put it out now or wait until Friday. If I finish my coffee in time to add it I will but if not it will go out on Friday.

I have clipped on place mat, I still need to clip the rest. I don’t want to pin these.

After I got the garbage and trash out, and after breakfast I emptied and reloaded the dishwasher. I had to wash the small kitchen trash can, I emptied my sewing trash and put the kitchen bag in there. When the can is dry I will put it between my sewing machines. The cans are identical.

I need to transfer the towels to the dryer, as I am sure the wash is done.l

I am only doing the one load today.

Penny
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning!
It's 45 here and sunny. Supposed to be mid-30s tonight. No official frost warning, but think I will pick the remainder of the garden veggies. The daily temps are going to drop, so I doubt anything is going to ripen or grow well now.

Little Girl is doing better. Turns out she has an infection/bug of some sort. Poor baby had a fever. She got shots, (one of them anti-nausea) and when we got home, she settled in then walked into the kitchen, sat by her food bowl and gave me a "Well? Where is it?" look. She's not 100%, but she's eating a lot better. Now I have to give her meds twice a day for the next two weeks. 😱

Janet and Florida, nice to see you back. My gang is sending good thoughts to Pippi.

Anyway, off to get something accomplished.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, Penny and Jackie. That's very clever about lifting the water bug, Penny. Those critters are very common in the South. If they come on the back porch, the cats pounce on them and play with them until their demise.

I have not heard from the hospital about HB this morning, so will try to visit him at lunch. Thank you all for the prayers.

This morning was almost entirely devoted to mail and package management. We notify students when they have packages, and they're supposed to check their mailboxes. Some of them never come to pick up their packages or their letter mail, so periodically I go through and make lists of what's been languishing and try to contact the owners. We are allowed to return long overdue stuff to the senders, but I try hard not to do that because it just puts a burden on the postal service.

It was very chilly this morning. I had to keep going outside with the dogs to get them all to stay outside long enough to "do their business." Goldie Dog gets very concerned if the other two are not with her, but the two older dogs don't like to be cold and are reluctant to go outside at all or for very long.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Wolf, so glad Little Girl is better. Our fur babies sure do rule our hearts and homes, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

It is a spectacularly beautiful morning here, downright chilly, but brilliantly sunny. I love autumn so very much. Coffee is tasting extra good this morning. I have no plans to go anywhere or spend any money, yay. I do want to get in the kitchen in a bit and do some stuff.

I'm reading The Angry Wife by Pearl S. Buck and enjoying it immensely. Better late than never, right? I think of all the genres, I like historical fiction the best.

Have a great day, all.
Patty