Daily Check In October 26, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In October 26, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

LWolfT wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:28 am Good morning!
It's 45 here and sunny. Supposed to be mid-30s tonight. No official frost warning, but think I will pick the remainder of the garden veggies. The daily temps are going to drop, so I doubt anything is going to ripen or grow well now.

Little Girl is doing better. Turns out she has an infection/bug of some sort. Poor baby had a fever. She got shots, (one of them anti-nausea) and when we got home, she settled in then walked into the kitchen, sat by her food bowl and gave me a "Well? Where is it?" look. She's not 100%, but she's eating a lot better. Now I have to give her meds twice a day for the next two weeks. 😱

Janet and Florida, nice to see you back. My gang is sending good thoughts to Pippi.

Anyway, off to get something accomplished.
how cute she must have looked by her bowl demanding dinner!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

good morning

Started out as a grouch grumpy morning - lol

OMG - cell phone was buzzing with texts. Then phone calls - too early for me. Well I thought it was early - it was 9am, but I thought it was 7 or so.

We were scheduled to have a meeting at 2:30 and I thought great - I can sleep in. We have been meeting at 10am

Then somebody has to text the group at 10:38 LAST NIGHT - that the meeting was usually at 10 and why not this time???

Well at 9 - the organizer said - ok - ten it is. Well that meant several of us said that was a no go. But they are meeting and I hope they had at least two people there - lol. We might be old but that doesn't mean we get up early. It was a struggle for me to make the ten am meetings.

My sibling called twice. I just am not a morning talking person so I was very curt with her. I don't want to hear stories - get to the point and hang up. What a witch I am - lol

oh well - have a great day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

LWolfT, I’m happy that Little Girl is on the mend and eating OK. We love our furry family.

Kitty, I hope that DD’s baby feels better soon. My mom used to say that when I was a baby she was so glad when I could talk and tell her what was wrong.

I’m home from the vet and it went well. I met the vet in person for the first time. (I had a different vet on the last in-person visit.) Both of Pippi’s ears were encrusted and irritated from the Mirataz (appetite Rx) but no infection. She cleaned them well and put on a soothing salve. Then I watched them do her fluids. The vet still thinks Pippi is doing well.

I made an appointment for the Moderna booster on Thursday. I really wanted it on Friday afternoon in case I have a reaction but there were no Friday appointments and the available ones next week are bad. At least I don’t have to go to the next county like with the first two doses!

I signed up for a free month of the Topic streaming service (Nordic dramas and other international) through Roku. I really wanted to wait until my Showtime subscription ends but normally Topic only offers seven days free so thought I’d take this free month while it is available.

Pippi and I will relax the rest of the day and I might start a new puzzle.

Have a good day.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:37 am how cute she must have looked by her bowl demanding dinner!
She was very cute ... and I burst out laughing because it was so funny. However, when it comes to getting meds ... she definitely is not amused.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am so glad to hear that Pippi and Little Girl got good medicine and are getting better. LWolfT, I have seen that look too at my house and it's hilarious! Cats really let you know when the service is lacking. :-D

I made a quick trip to the ICU to see HB. He was not conscious, but his hand was warm, so the circulation has been restored. He had a forest of IV bags hanging over him, so he's getting good medicine too. His breathing was good and deep, so I'm hoping his lungs are improving and he'll wake up soon.
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Waiting on insta cart to deliver, no ham :( and some replacements and refunds.
Like Jackie I have been hearing things for Holidays may have to be switched up. I am doing roast chickens for Thanksgiving instead of turkey...cheaper, easier to find and the family likes it better than turkey.
I have brisket for Christmas, I usually do prime rib or a pizza/salad bar but prime rib is out of the question price wise this year. Family says as long as we are together it's all good. I agree.

It is cold but sunny today, too wet to deal with leaves. Will go fuel up car this afternoon. I also need to stop at DG...Idahoan potatoes and a few other things needed for stock pile. I would like to wait till Saturday to use the 5 off coupon but it is crazy busy with anti-maskers on Saturdays.

I had to turn the heat up this AM...too cold for me.

Got interrupted...did my errands and back home again. DG is out of a lot of stuff, the dog food that I usually get to intersperse with home made has gone up again in price 1.20 more per 6-pak.
They had plenty of junk food type stuff ...chips and such. But canned goods and freezer items were very sparse.
Filled the dad mobile with fuel...10.00 more than usual.

I did get a 5 off coupon, so may do some more fill in Saturday. It would seem chasing bargains is becoming a full time endeavor.
JCKitty