Daily Check In October 26, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check In October 26, 2021

Post by icfrugal1 »

chocolite wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:06 am Wolf, so glad Little Girl is better. Our fur babies sure do rule our hearts and homes, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

It is a spectacularly beautiful morning here, downright chilly, but brilliantly sunny. I love autumn so very much. Coffee is tasting extra good this morning. I have no plans to go anywhere or spend any money, yay. I do want to get in the kitchen in a bit and do some stuff.

I'm reading The Angry Wife by Pearl S. Buck and enjoying it immensely. Better late than never, right? I think of all the genres, I like historical fiction the best.

Have a great day, all.
My library system doesn't have The Angry Wife !!!! Good grief, what on earth, now I really want to read it !!!

IC
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LWolfT wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:28 am Good morning!
It's 45 here and sunny. Supposed to be mid-30s tonight. No official frost warning, but think I will pick the remainder of the garden veggies. The daily temps are going to drop, so I doubt anything is going to ripen or grow well now.

Little Girl is doing better. Turns out she has an infection/bug of some sort. Poor baby had a fever. She got shots, (one of them anti-nausea) and when we got home, she settled in then walked into the kitchen, sat by her food bowl and gave me a "Well? Where is it?" look. She's not 100%, but she's eating a lot better. Now I have to give her meds twice a day for the next two weeks. 😱

Janet and Florida, nice to see you back. My gang is sending good thoughts to Pippi.

Anyway, off to get something accomplished.
Wolf good to hear Little Girl is feeling better. When our fur babies are not well it really is a challenge to see what we can do to make them feel better.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good afternoon

I managed to settle down - lol

Took a nice hot shower and got dressed. Made a trip to the local IGA. Have been doing well in eating what we have, so had to get food!! Bought some steaks for the COD. I made pot of beans. Make one weekly, so made sure to get more pinto beans and salt pork today.

I should have planted onions again. He goes through so many. Always making his salsa.

Called my sibling to see how things went at the meeting. Boy she likes to talk. I am no longer a phone talker - more texting.

Supposed to get windy and a little cool tonight. Hope not too windy
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

icfrugal1 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:24 pm My library system doesn't have The Angry Wife !!!! Good grief, what on earth, now I really want to read it !!!

IC
I actually borrowed it through the Amazon Kindle lending library program. It lets me borrow up to 10 books at one time. Maybe that would work for you?
Patty
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

chocolite wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:15 pm I actually borrowed it through the Amazon Kindle lending library program. It lets me borrow up to 10 books at one time. Maybe that would work for you?
I have a kindle (fire) they have a library???

I'll look it up, thank you

IC

It's $10.99 on amazon, kindle :-(

LOL my library's link system does have it in German :P: