Daily Check in Oct 27, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Oct 27, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal friends,

Gosh it is hard to keep track of the days of the week anymore with my work schedule and my PTO days.

My foot was feeling a lot better yesterday after Monday's Steroid shot. I got over 5000 steps for the first time in a long time. I was compliant with the Doctor and wore my gym shoes almost all day. She was not impressed with me wearing Birkenstocks. But hopefully this bout of plantar Fasciitis will go away soon.

Have a great day,
Maggie
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check in Oct 27, 2021

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Will get a couple of hours of alone time this morning as my sister has a doctor's appointment. She's going to leave here around 8:00A and as she's going to NJ for a 9:20 appointment and quite possibly stopping at a few stores she probably will be out until around 11:30ish.

She also went out for a while on Monday so I took the opportunity to go to Walmart, Big Lots and Dollar Tree myself. It felt good to be out. I probably would have stayed out a bit longer but I had my coloring session that afternoon.

I've been redoing my latest coloring page as I messed up on some of the colors. I thought I had tested them well enough but obviously I hadn't. It's a gingerbread house and the base color of the house requires a combo of three colors so it is quite time consuming. It's also got some intricate "pattern of swirls, dots and other shapes" which also adds to the process.

I also did a review of my "Advent Calendar" segment of my Christmas web pages and noted those pages that I need to change due to the end of Adobe Flash. It took a few hours just looking for other items I can add to those pages as well.

Well going to go for now. Hope all have a wonderful day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:42 am My foot was feeling a lot better yesterday after Monday's Steroid shot. I got over 5000 steps for the first time in a long time. I was compliant with the Doctor and wore my gym shoes almost all day. She was not impressed with me wearing Birkenstocks. But hopefully this bout of plantar Fasciitis will go away soon.
Maggie, the foot guy I saw some years ago about my plantar fasciitis said not to wear backless shoes because the lack of support around the heel area aggravates the condition. He also had me start using Power Step insoles in my shoes. It was the end of my long romance with clog-style shoes, but it worked.
Mackie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

And good morning, everyone. Logics, I am glad you are getting some solo time today.

It's cold enough this morning that I had to run the heater in the car. It took some coaxing to get everyone except the youngest dog, who has the heaviest coat, to go outside this morning.

For some odd reason, Amazon offered me a few days of free shipping without having a Prime account. We needed new sheets (the ones we bought ten years ago are practically transparent and one fitted sheet is shredded) and a few replacement Rubbermaid lunch containers, so I caved and purchased through America's richest astronaut.

Also received yesterday the calming supplement for Lily Dog, whose new heart medication causes her to have anxiety. I gave her one when I got home yesterday, which DH says is around the time that she starts getting ginned up -- he compares it to colic in a baby -- and she was calmer last night. So we'll see how it goes. It's just one a day so it may be pretty strong.

This morning I have the dreaded weekly staff meeting, which we can attend by Zoom now, thank goodness.

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is once again above freezing this morning and it seems like there is no wind. I am going to try and get out for a bit of a walk this morning. I have really missed doing so. Even a short 10 block walk sets me up for the day. It is actually supposed to be quite nice the next couple of days and then for the weekend get cold once again. Poor trick or treaters will need to bundle right up.

Not much happening here, except I am thinking about doing my Walmart shop today. Friday might be a bit late to pick up the Halloween items.... Need to think on that a bit more as it would mean braving the crowds twice this week instead of just once. Or I could do all my shopping today. Decisions, decisions, but since I hate shopping I will probably wait until Friday. We only get 10 or so children (probably less now as one couple with kids moved) so I could even buy full sized bars to hand out to those few.

We really enjoyed what I made from the leftover chicken last night. It was called Easy on the Cook Chicken Divan. I found it in an older cookbook. I will put it in the recipe folder if anyone wants to give it a try. There is enough leftover for us to have another meal, just deciding if I will do that tonight or make the sweet and sour ribs so that there is more leftover in the fridge for another great meal. Probably make the ribs as I am loving being able to just warm something up some busy days.

Not that much on my to do list today. Dusting, working on the shopping list (fliers come out today), doing some extra cleaning (washing our bedroom walls), and of course working on my projects so I can mark things off my goal list for this month.

Hubby went for a walk yesterday, and made an appointment with his doctor. He had a choice phone or in person. Of course he picked phone. I really think Hubby is a bit more scared of this Delta wave than he lets on. Hopefully walks for him will continue as he needs to build up some stamina.

Frugally I am using up what I have at home for both meals and one project. The knitting project may not need another ball or two of yarn (going to measure once this skein is done and multiply by 5 to see how big this blanket will be, give or take an inch or two). I will also be emptying the dishwasher and pulling down my teapot as I am enjoying a mug or two of tea in the afternoon once again. Lots of herbal teas are calling my name.

Supper tonight will in fact be the sweet and sour ribs. Served with rice, and peas should fill us up nicely.

Today I am grateful that it is above freezing, very little wind, no rain and I can get a walk in.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I stayed up late last night reading the book Patty mentioned.."The Angry Wife" I found it free online and had never read it. I really enjoyed it, made me think..a lot!!!

The renter/friend had me so twisted up yesterday that I told her she may need to find somewhere else to live SOON! I have never known anyone who could gritch over her living situation as much as she does.
I told her I was at the end of my rope with her....I wish I could tell her about poor HB's situation and make her realize how fortunate she really is.
Adopted granddaughter is having her baby today! She went into labor early this AM, and they are taking her now for a C-section because her blood pressure went up . Prayers please, she is young and it is her first...has been worrying because she had no idea what to expect.

I want to get floors cleaned today and maybe get some glass doors cleaned. It is sunny but cold.
Finally heard back from my leaf guy, they will be here hopefully tomorrow to clean the eves on my house and at dads. They need cleaned really bad....
Off to get more done.
Praying HB is better today.

JCKitty