Daily Check in Oct 27, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Oct 27, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:03 pm Hey everyone,

I was originally on the schedule to work not only Thanksgiving, but Christmas Eve and Christmas day. So this morning I sent an email to my manager asking if i could get on of those days off. She gave me both. My Indian co-worker is taking the week after Christmas off, so he is working those days. Makes me feel so much better.

I have bean soaking so I can make soup tomorrow.

To morrow we are doing a "tabletop exercise" where we will be presented with Security issues and we need to respond via email of what our steps would be. There are four of us working as a team on this.

Have a nice evening.

Maggie
OMG - thank goodness you got those days off! Now since I was single person with no kids, I would take the standby during those days - I didn't want the folks with kids to have to do that.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Oct 27, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

I think I have seen it all now - lol

I saw a family is opening a pet boarding facility. Looks nice - it is out in a country town in Oklahoma. Yes - I still keep up with my Oklahoma peeps. I was in Oklahoma when I first joined this group.

Anyway, people asked if vaccinations were required.

They said no cuz they respected their medical freedom. :mrgreen:

I thought that was funny. The pet has no voice in this. lol