Re: Daily Check in October 28, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:38 am Hello friends.

Maggie, I’m glad that you spoke up and will be off on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. You have such a stressful job but I know you’ll be rewarded in the future with a comfortable retirement.

Winter is supposed to arrive here today. We are expecting strong storms and I’ve already received a tornado watch notification on my phone. It’s not raining yet and I hope it will hold off until after my Moderna booster appointment at 11:15 this morning.

I’m really enjoying the Topic streaming channel. I’m watching season two of The Killing (Forbrydelsen) in Danish with subtitles. The main character, Sarah Lund, is the same as season one but most everyone else is different. I had been watching American Rust on Showtime and still will try to finish it. (This show has Jeff Daniels and is not related to the Rust production with the recent death.)

Yesterday my eyes were so tired all day even though I got a good rest. I think taking so many eye drops irritates my eyes. The doctor told me as much. Today my eyes are better.

Have a good day and hope we hear positive news on HB, baby and everyone else.
One great thing about having this android box is that I got to watch the second season before it streamed on any other channel. I am sure you will really enjoy it.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Going to be on a conference call all day. We have a screen share on the computer and audio on the phone. They are testing different Cybersecurity scenarios. I am backup to the guy who is providing the official responses.

I have a pot of black bean soup on the stove. Hello Lunch! And then I will put the leftovers in jars and into my freezer for a fast meal.

Have a great day,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LOL - the freezing college students!

I remember driving up to my community college and dreading getting out of the warm car cuz it was freezing

Then a car pulls up next to me. Out hops a young lady - booty shorts and high heels! Well she was wearing a vest - but still. :shock:

What is strange is that i sit here in the afternoon and can see kids walking home from school. Many of them wearing long sleeved hoodies in over 90 degree weather!! :shock:
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, I think tomorrow when the high is going to be drizzly 48 degrees F. should have most of them finding something warm. That's pretty chilly for us Southerners. Even my lovely boss, who is from Oklahoma and claims he's part polar bear was wearing a warm pullover this morning.

Maggie, I am also glad you stood up for yourself and got some holidays off. Single women get overworked because employers tend to assume they don't have demands on their lives.

I sincerely hope my DH does not have a late meeting today. Some yummy food from our inexpensive local Mexican place and a small margarita would really hit the spot.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Beautiful sunny cool morning

I can finally wear my fluffy robe comfortably. So nice

It is about 60 degrees. Love it. And the wind stopped. Did find more pecans because of that so will go out there later and pick up more. Not as much as last year though.

Slept okay but had weird weird dreams. :shock: A lot of food involved. I've had one cup of coffee but still just dragging along. at least it is nice outside.

Have a great day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept until 7:30 this morning. I am still very sleepy. I did a dress load today it is in the dryer.

I finalized my H-E-B order put it in for delivery tomorrow I can add up to 35 items. So I will add perishable items later.

I have a towel wash to fold and a white wash to fold.

Today will be a quiet day.

Penny