Re: Daily Check in October 28, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Just getting started. My coffee is about ready!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne Matin toute le monde!

I've been up since 4:00 am. Well, in fact it was on and off all night BUT I was up at 4:00 am listening to Ideas on CBC. It was a show on the history of India with Nehru and Ghandi. It was interesting. Then? After the 5:00 am news, I just gave up and got out of bed. I've had a Chocolate Smore's Bar I made a pan of them last night. That's just the start of my breakfast!! LOL

Oops! Coffee is now ready. Time to squeeze the French Press! Be right back.

I've already unloaded and loaded the dishwasher. I had a few items to put away in the bottom of my china cabinet; got that done. Next? I guess I'll have to wait until I get more light, when the sun is up, to do some more stuff. Yesterday, I cleared off a coffee table and put it back into its rightful spot. I had moved it and had my computer junk in its spot. I moved all of that and could put it back. Also did some vacuuming yesterday. Did a lot more than I thought I did.

Today, Ange is coming over. Seems I have a terrible night of sleeping on the days she is coming over; anticipatory anxiety, I think. I don't know why! We are good friends and she is SO non-judgemental. Just me and my nerves I believe. Today we will tackle some items in the front hall. One last very small box from the storage and that will be done sorting through those.

I can see a nap in my afternoon plans. Most definitely!

Our local Facebook Group, People of Brandon, posted that this week is the 10 for $10 sale at our local Co-op grocery store. They have two things I want on the $10 sale, Nabob Coffee (just 1 can but a very good price) and 10 grapefruit for $10. Last time I bought grapefruit it was over $2.00/piece and I only bought three as a treat and that was last year! I LOVE grapefruit so I hope these are worth the trip!

Mackie, I'm praying for HB. He's sure having a really tough go of it. It reminds me a bit of my Dad who struggled so much with pneumonia and had high oxygen and was just SO tired he couldn't speak. I hope that the clots and such resolve and that he has some comfort and peace in his situation. I'll light a candle for him today, well, two if I can find another one.

For all those with new babies, and getting over COVID I am thinking of you. God bless and keep you.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

MJ, you are so sweet. Thank you. I hope your declutter session goes very well today.

I talked by phone with HB's step-nephew last night and got some things straightened out. Because HB can have only one visitor a day in ICU and the SN claims he's going to be there, I may not see HB today. Can still call about him, though.

It's quite chilly and very overcast this morning. The students are complaining about being cold, but they're wearing things like tummy-baring tops and flip flops, and I bite my tongue not to say, "Honey, cover up some more!" There's nothing like common sense to get one in trouble around here. :-D

Common sense led me to bust out the long pajamas last night. Ahh, that was some cozy sleep!

Hope you all have a peaceful day, and that all who are ailing have a day of healing, including our beloved fur kids.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:50 am MJ, you are so sweet. Thank you. I hope your declutter session goes very well today.

I talked by phone with HB's step-nephew last night and got some things straightened out. Because HB can have only one visitor a day in ICU and the SN claims he's going to be there, I may not see HB today. Can still call about him, though.

It's quite chilly and very overcast this morning. The students are complaining about being cold, but they're wearing things like tummy-baring tops and flip flops, and I bite my tongue not to say, "Honey, cover up some more!" There's nothing like common sense to get one in trouble around here. :-D

Common sense led me to bust out the long pajamas last night. Ahh, that was some cozy sleep!

Hope you all have a peaceful day, and that all who are ailing have a day of healing, including our beloved fur kids.
Years ago when I did noon hour supervision at one of the schools, the girls (notice it is just the girls here) were complaining about being cold. We went outside at anything above -30C (-29,-28 and so on). They were standing huddled together shivering I looked at them after a few complaints from the comfort of woolen mittens, scarf, toque, down filled coat and ski pants. This is what I told them...."There is being cool, and there is freezing. There is being intelligent and dressing for winter, and there is being silly and not. Which are you girls right now. I want you all to think about it." Next day scarves, hats, mitts, decent coats and boots.

Mind you these were grade 8 girls don't know if that would work with older students.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Maggie, I’m glad that you spoke up and will be off on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. You have such a stressful job but I know you’ll be rewarded in the future with a comfortable retirement.

Winter is supposed to arrive here today. We are expecting strong storms and I’ve already received a tornado watch notification on my phone. It’s not raining yet and I hope it will hold off until after my Moderna booster appointment at 11:15 this morning.

I’m really enjoying the Topic streaming channel. I’m watching season two of The Killing (Forbrydelsen) in Danish with subtitles. The main character, Sarah Lund, is the same as season one but most everyone else is different. I had been watching American Rust on Showtime and still will try to finish it. (This show has Jeff Daniels and is not related to the Rust production with the recent death.)

Yesterday my eyes were so tired all day even though I got a good rest. I think taking so many eye drops irritates my eyes. The doctor told me as much. Today my eyes are better.

Have a good day and hope we hear positive news on HB, baby and everyone else.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

We are having a beautiful sunrise for the first time in days. Love the pinks, mauves, and peaches that show up on those days.

Like MJ I had trouble sleeping last night. Well mostly in the early morning. I did not give up however and crawled into the room youngest uses when he is home and got about another fitful 1 1/2 hours. Oh well, it is what it is and I will cope with it.

I have a few things to accomplish on my chore list this morning, and then it is Bible study this afternoon. I am hoping that things wrap up early there again today. But Father should be there today and man that priest loves to talk.

Got a letter from the finance/book keeper wanting us to donate more money to the church as now we have major roof problems in the entryway. We have always had leak problems there and in one of the side entrances. Side entrance was fixed when I was chairperson...front entrance was left until the next year. I finished my term before the scheduled work and it looks as if it was cancelled. That was 15 years ago and now it has just gotten bigger and more costly. Silly people should follow through on what was arranged instead of doing absolutely nothing and spending cash on the "beautifying" of the basement in very strange ways. Right now we will probably be short over $100K for the running of the church which probably means employees will lose their jobs or lose hours. All because cash is being spent foolishly.

I did not go shopping yesterday, and will not go today. Just not in the mood really and will use up the milk we have left adding water or juice to drink with our meals. I like going early and so tomorrow, exactly 2 weeks since my last shop I will head out with my bags and list.

I do most of my shopping between the Co-op and Walmart so like MJ advantage will be taken on the 10 for $10 sale that starts today. They have meat on sale as well so I plan on doing a mini stock up on that too. Could be a spendy day but a necessary one tomorrow.

I will be heading out for a walk shortly, once I get the floors swept and then I plan on washing our bedroom walls. Leaving the living room until the weekend. I need to start a loaf of bread as well this morning so it is done before I go out.

Pretty much the usual happenings around the old homestead.

Supper tonight will be the remains of the Chicken dish I made on Tuesday.

Today I am grateful for shawls to wrap up in, and warm cups of coffee to wrap my hands around.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/