How Do You Menu Plan, Daily, Weekly, Monthly?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ohjodi

Re: How Do You Menu Plan, Daily, Weekly, Monthly?

Post by ohjodi »

WOW, what an amazing, generous lady! Thanks for telling us about her.
ohjodi
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I was Googling around and found the obituary for Amy's husband's grandfather. It said what a prolific gardener he was and how he kept many families supplied with produce. Amy mentioned in the books that her husband was the one with the gardening skills, and she did process a lot of vegetables and fruits. They grew a lot of pumpkins and butternut squash, which keep well in winter without being processed, but require a lot of room to grow, so that does explain the enormous garden.
Mackie
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

ohjodi wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:08 am She lives in Leeds, Maine, in a huge old farmhouse.
https://vintageaerial.com/photos/maine/androscoggin/1967/RAN/10/11
! I have friends near there, in Wiscasset. Beautiful part of the country.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I meal plan weekly for my lunches at work and dinners. I go to the grocery store at least every other week sometimes weekly. I am often only buying loss leaders, mark downs, items that are pennies on the dollar by combining a sale with a coupon.

Then I go through my frige, freezer and pantry and do a bunch of scratch cooking (usually on a Sunday) for the upcoming week. I can feed myself pretty cheaply using these methods. If I try to plan for longer I end up getting frustrated and going to the store for "quick things" like a frozen pizza.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz