Daily Check-In - November 20, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check-In - November 20, 2021

Post by chocolite »

Penny, your dinos sound adorable. Who wouldn’t want a blue Triceratops?

Good morning all. It’s a chilly, sunny morning here in the Mid-South. I slept reasonably well and lasted all night in the bed. Yay.

I’d like to make a quick trip to Dollar General later today. I put off getting a few things from the grocery store because I knew I could get them cheaper there, plus I can use the $5 off $25 coupon today. I also need to get gas and I think I’ll pick up hamburgers for our supper while I’m out. DH had offered to take me out for my birthday this weekend, but with decorating the house for Christmas, I’ll be fine with either ordering in or picking up something. Picking up is much cheaper and a burger sounds great to me. While I’m out I also need to fill up the tank, ugh.

DH has been getting our Christmas stuff down from the attic (all 52 crates, as he said). :-D He thinks he’s such a comedian. We’re getting an early start on it this year, but it just feels like if there’s ever been a year when we need it early, this is it. I love turning all the lights off and sitting/lying in the den looking at the tree lights. It’ll take me a while to put it all up because I’m not going to push myself. I’ll just do it as I’m able.

I finally made the switch to Consumer Cellular. It’s been such an ordeal getting my service switched from Straight Talk. It’ll save us about $13/month. DH has been stuck on glue on AT&T forever, and if I can get him to switch, it’ll save us a lot more. But he uses his phone for work and says he can’t afford any downtime. There shouldn’t be any downtime…it was just because Straight Talk was being a butt and not releasing my number like they were supposed to. The Consumer Cellular rep says they do it all the time. She said AT&T does not. Anyway, I’m hoping when he needs a new phone that he’ll FINALLY let me switch him.

Thanks to all for the advice re: dosing Hobbes. This morning while he was lying on the back of the loveseat, DH was petting him and I gave him a quick swipe in his ear. But he’s so smart, you can’t get one thing past him. He jumped down and ran. So I gave him a little treat. He seems to be avoiding me, and I can hardly bear for that to happen. So maybe the treats will help smooth things over between us.

Jackie, I asked the surgeon if my spot would grow back and he said it wouldn’t. I’m not convinced though. I guess time will tell. The way I feel these days I may not be here to worry about it, lol.

Hope Clem is enjoying her trip.
Patty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Logics, you are a saint, although a reluctant one as so many saints probably are, for putting up with your colossally ungrateful sister. (((Hugs))) I would have packed her a bag and sent her to Motel 6 by now. I am praying for you that she has her own place very soon.

I went to the Walmart market pharmacy and got my Covid booster this afternoon. That went well, but I made the mistake of getting a box of gluten-free vanilla wafers to make a banana pudding for Thanksgiving and was stuck in the checkout line forever. This happens every time I go there, which reminds me why we don't buy groceries there.
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:39 pm Logics, you are a saint, although a reluctant one as so many saints probably are, for putting up with your colossally ungrateful sister. (((Hugs))) I would have packed her a bag and sent her to Motel 6 by now. I am praying for you that she has her own place very soon.

I went to the Walmart market pharmacy and got my Covid booster this afternoon. That went well, but I made the mistake of getting a box of gluten-free vanilla wafers to make a banana pudding for Thanksgiving and was stuck in the checkout line forever. This happens every time I go there, which reminds me why we don't buy groceries there.
Thanks for the hugs and kind words.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:36 am Logics..sorry it is such a struggle with your sister.
Pretty chilly here. DH and son are finishing up with storm windows today.
I am attending a ZOOM baby shower today. It will be nice to see everyone.
DDIL and I went over final plans for Thanksgiving dinner. It will be at their house..just us and a few vaccinated and boostered friends. Really looking forward to it.
Hope everyone has a nice day.
thanks
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

All parts of the oven mitts are cut out and ready to sew. Hopefully all goes well and I don't make a mistake on the sewing.

The wind has picked up and the temperature has dropped. I did another walk in the late afternoon. Got to get those steps up again today.

Hubby wants mashed rutabaga with his pork chops tonight and so that is what he is going to get.

I have done my homework and will finish off the last two questions tomorrow.

Started the next knitted blanket as well. Things might actually get completed in time for Christmas. Just have to be a bit more organized and with only one more Bible study I can hopefully get more work completed.

Got to go and check out a few more things and then start supper.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

chocolite wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:33 pm Penny, your dinos sound adorable. Who wouldn’t want a blue Triceratops?

Good morning all. It’s a chilly, sunny morning here in the Mid-South. I slept reasonably well and lasted all night in the bed. Yay.

I’d like to make a quick trip to Dollar General later today. I put off getting a few things from the grocery store because I knew I could get them cheaper there, plus I can use the $5 off $25 coupon today. I also need to get gas and I think I’ll pick up hamburgers for our supper while I’m out. DH had offered to take me out for my birthday this weekend, but with decorating the house for Christmas, I’ll be fine with either ordering in or picking up something. Picking up is much cheaper and a burger sounds great to me. While I’m out I also need to fill up the tank, ugh.

DH has been getting our Christmas stuff down from the attic (all 52 crates, as he said). :-D He thinks he’s such a comedian. We’re getting an early start on it this year, but it just feels like if there’s ever been a year when we need it early, this is it. I love turning all the lights off and sitting/lying in the den looking at the tree lights. It’ll take me a while to put it all up because I’m not going to push myself. I’ll just do it as I’m able.

I finally made the switch to Consumer Cellular. It’s been such an ordeal getting my service switched from Straight Talk. It’ll save us about $13/month. DH has been stuck on glue on AT&T forever, and if I can get him to switch, it’ll save us a lot more. But he uses his phone for work and says he can’t afford any downtime. There shouldn’t be any downtime…it was just because Straight Talk was being a butt and not releasing my number like they were supposed to. The Consumer Cellular rep says they do it all the time. She said AT&T does not. Anyway, I’m hoping when he needs a new phone that he’ll FINALLY let me switch him.

Thanks to all for the advice re: dosing Hobbes. This morning while he was lying on the back of the loveseat, DH was petting him and I gave him a quick swipe in his ear. But he’s so smart, you can’t get one thing past him. He jumped down and ran. So I gave him a little treat. He seems to be avoiding me, and I can hardly bear for that to happen. So maybe the treats will help smooth things over between us.

Jackie, I asked the surgeon if my spot would grow back and he said it wouldn’t. I’m not convinced though. I guess time will tell. The way I feel these days I may not be here to worry about it, lol.

Hope Clem is enjoying her trip.
I am on Consumer Cellular and I cannot tell a difference in service from Verizon. My Parents have been on CC for a while now too.