Daily Check In November22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check In November22, 2021

Post by icfrugal1 »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:18 am Good morning friends.

I’m meeting my friend for coffee this morning. I postponed my grocery shopping until this afternoon because I don’t need much but want to treat myself to a Publix turkey and cranberry sub, which I’ll eat over two days. They only offer this sub at this time of year.

After meeting my friend, I’ll go to mom’s house and hope the big pickup items are gone. I’ve decided I’m ready to start letting go more donations from mom’s house so I’ll start gathering them. If I have time, I’ll go to the bank. I received the $200 bonus from the new credit card and will use that as spending money as long as it lasts. I’m hoping to not withdraw any more money from savings this year but it will be tight. Both of the electric bills were under budget for my house (a little) and mom’s house (a lot) so that helps. But I’ve decided to give larger gift cards to the three vet nurses who have helped Pippi the most since her diagnosis.

Tomorrow is supposed to be “cold” and it is overcast today but still comfortable.

Have a good day.
I very big step, letting stuff go from your mom's home.

Trying to clear some room in the eating part of the kitchen where DH has his hospital bed, he let me go through 2 small boxes, and throw some stuff out !!! Very big step for him

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Happy Birthday Patty, what a wonderful day for you. Love it, a REAL book. :D Patti, you are right, as we get older, it's harder to see family and friends.

My Sunday friend, the one that I talk to every week, may be coming Jan to this area. Her sister is 80 and lives out of the country and plans to come to visit her son and grandchildren. My friend is in bad health, and her sister has a heart condition.

My friend doesn't think that she will be able to travel much longer and thinks that this may be the last time to see her sister. :cry:

Besides my friend's health, she doesn't have much money, and this woman has always been frugal, being sick is very expensive.

When she comes I pick her up and she stays with us, and other friends. scary to think that I may not see her again after more than 50 years.

One of the counties near us has declared mandatory masking, they want to get ahead of the Thanksgiving Covid surge.

For December my book club is planning to meet for a lunch at a restaurant, inside, I declined, I'm not ready for indoor dining yet.

I miss indoor dining, but ......

IC
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

I got up about the usual time. Had breakfast and after watching the morning news, had my two cups of coffee. I DID find the coffee creamer I lost yesterday so was able to have one of my cups with creamer. I am trying to stretch it so will have one cup black and one cup with creamer.

It's just after 3 pm and I still haven't had lunch. I ended up having a long conversation with a friend who stopped by to pick-up my dead computer. She had a Tech Guru/GEEK who does stuff like this "for fun" and she is going to see if there is anything that can be done to "fix it." She said, "having a back-up would be a good thing!" True! This Frankenstein computer I have cobbled together slows down a great deal or I have to refresh the pages a lot. I lost the start of this post and had to start again.

I ran the dishwasher last night before going to bed and will need to unload that, probably after supper. I think I will have my VERY late lunch of eggs and Hash browns and then a much later supper of Chicken Noodle Soup. That should send me off to bed with a warm tummy. :-)

When my friend came by to pick-up my dead computer, she brought a $1.00 cup of coffee and we had a nice chat for a long while.

I have to clean-up the kitchen counters and give the floor a sweep today. I also want to check to see if I can move Opal's water bottle, running wheel and wee housing into a large bird cage I have that had all of it's toys and feeders and all stolen from it when I loaned it out. Imagine taking over $150 worth of toys and such and not even explaining where they all went?! I'm still, and probably always will be, upset about that debacle. Anyhoo, if I can give Opal a bigger cage, I think she would be happy with a few toys in there instead of only a running wheel.

That's pretty much all that's going on over here today. I have been on and off watching the trial of the 3 men who killed Amaud Abrey in Georgia. The defense is trying to claim "Self-defense." I hope they don't buy that stupid theory when they literally chased him in pick-up trucks. trapped him and shot him at point blank range. Golly!

That's the skinny from around here! Off to make some lunch. I've suddenly gotten hungry!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Happy Birthday Patty!!

Your DH sure knows the way to to your heart with such wonderful gifts. I hope Hobbes and Audrey have lots of snuggles and love for you today too!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

chocolite wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:12 pm Good afternoon, frugal friends. I’ve had a busy morning, and it’s been so nice to actually check things off a list. I think the (new) key for me is to break down regular tasks into mini-tasks. Then, when I do get PART of a job finished I can feel some measure of satisfaction, rather than typical disappointment that I cannot do simple jobs that I used to be able to do – in the same way I used to do them. I don’t know if that makes sense, but it does to me, lol.

Anyway, today I have boiled the eggs that will become deviled eggs, made biscuits that will be used in dressing, and dry brined the turkey – which was a big job. Then I thoroughly cleaned the sink. This is the first year I’m trying dry brining, but I think it will help with the flavor and keep my 13-pound bird moist. I have PT at 2:30. My wonderful DH had a gorgeous bouquet of Happy Birthday flowers waiting for me when I got up today, along with a beautiful pair of abalone earrings. an orange kitty ornament, and a book I’ve been wanting to read forever, called Lead Me Home: Hardship and Hope on the Oregon Trail. I’ve been doing all my reading on my phone or Kindle lately, and it will feel good to hold a real book. Anyway, getting all of these wonderful gifts and seeing many birthday wishes on Facebook has brightened my day a lot. I still feel melancholy over my health situation and the fact that neither my brother/SIL nor sister were able to come for Thanksgiving this year. I worry I’ll never see either one of them again…because no one’s health is conducive to a long car trip anymore. Oh well…….I’m trying to push all of that into the background because the truth is, I have so much to be thankful for. And I am.

I didn’t make it to DG on Saturday – it just wasn’t a good day for me to leave the house. But I’ve decided on no shopping this week. We need a few things but nothing urgent. We’ll be fine. I think I’ll make salmon for supper, along with baked sweet potatoes and turnip greens. That’s one of my favorite meals.
Happy Birthday Patty!!!!!!!!!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I got some energy - went to the store

did some laundry, cleaned out the backseat of my car - can't believe how I just let it get cluttered up!

Now gotta fold the clothes and put them away

Will also be checking the pantry

They are taking donations tomorrow